Flir Vue Pro connection

Reaction score
Hi All,
My boss is looking to buy a Flir Vue Pro for our archaeological work to attach to our Phantom 2. I am not the most electrically efficient person in the world and was after some help with hooking it up. Primarily, the Vue Pro requires a 10 pin USB connection that sends power and video out. The manual says
"FLIR Vue Pro does not have over-voltage or reverse polarity protection. Only use a filtered, regulated 5Vdc power source with the FLIR Vue Pro! Applying more than 6Vdc or reversing polarity will damage the camera and void the warranty".

I currently run a Boscham 5.8Ghz TS352 on the drone which I have soldered into the P2 cables etc.
I am just curious if anyone could suggest the best way of connecting the Flir to the drone and making sure it is obviously getting power and the video out. I have a Airy Go Pro cable I had from previous set ups (Airy GoPro HERO 3 / 4 Video Cable). Would I be able to get power from the drone or is there a battery I could use and cord I can buy to connect it all? Any help would be awesome. Sorry for the complete lack of electrical knowledge.
Cheers

I think the boscam has a regulated 12v out to the camera. most electronic stores sell a 5VDC regulator that you could tie into the boscam VTX.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1