Flight using Waypoints on DJI iPad ground station

Reaction score
http://vimeo.com/91856235

I have uploaded an edited video showing waypoint flying using the DJI iPad Ground station and Ground station link; I am also running a Flytrex Data logger. I am in a "DJI defined restricted zone" but well in excess of the 2.5 mile ATZ at Southend, the software warns me but does not stop me flying. Common sense prevails.

The pre-programmed flight is relatively smooth given the wind was 2 m/s gusting 3.3 m/s - I've cut some legs and speeded some up for clarity. I did two pre-programmed flights but only included the 1st. Its noticeable that downwind waypoints 6 to 10 the craft picks up speed and exceeds the pre-programmed speed.

Today I also did a fail safe mode landing for practice, good to just reassure yourself once in a while :)

/DB

I'm a total phantom noob.. still waiting on mine to be shipped. What program is showing your headings and actual latitude and longitude ? I love the way that is put together and would love to use the same software. Is that flytrex doing that for you ?

The flytrex acquires the data onto an SD card in the field, upload the file from the SD card up to their site, then export it as a CSV into software from Dashware, link and sync the video and the output contains the data & video.

Yes that is really awesome. I wish my dealer had offered this to me..looks like I'll be on the hunt for someone to help me install it when I order. Thanks for sharing!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT