Flight time on Phantom 4 controller

Reaction score
Have been having trouble with the battery charging on my Phantom 4. I have reflowdji the board twice. As of now it shows to charge to 100%. Don't know how long it will last. I flew yesterday and took some video at a go kart track. Don't know exactly how long I flew. Used one battery. When I checked controller for battery percentage I was down to 38%. Seems like that's going down pretty fast. About how much flight time should I get out of the controller? It is a pretty new battery. Thanks

Reactions: Jim Canada
Some go for weeks with out charge,my p4 remotes last ages,,I've been flying and not charged my remote for couple weeks and still have full lights,,,only stored at room temperature,,the cold affects my drone batterys more than the rc,,if rc is open Check with multimeter what its charging up to

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jim Canada
Guess I need to open it back up and charge it then do like you said and check it with a meter. I have heard say they hardly ever charge theirs also.

No trouble getting 3+ batteries out of a remote charge. Have no advice to get more time. Usual is to replace rc battery but that board flow worries me. Seems DJI fixes them reasonably. Good luck.

It basically did the same thing with the other battery so I replaced it. I need to send it back or buy a new board. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Capt KO
No trouble getting 3+ batteries out of a remote charge. Have no advice to get more time. Usual is to replace rc battery but that board flow worries me. Seems DJI fixes them reasonably. Good luck.
With my P4P v2 I an get more than 8 batteries on a single RC charge. Still will have juice at that point, but I'd charge it back up anyway.
Seems to me that your batteries maybe need replacing.

Reactions: Capt KO
With my P4P v2 I an get more than 8 batteries on a single RC charge. Still will have juice at that point, but I'd charge it back up anyway.
Seems to me that your batteries maybe need replacing.
You are correct. If only getting 3 batteries out of a RC charge, time for a new RC battery. It’s failing, so make sure RTH is setup for when the remote eventually quits. RC batteries are not expensive and not hard to replace. The control board is a different story. Good luck on that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers