flight simulator

Yes.

Your Phantom needs to be on (with the motors off) in order to use the flight simulator. It would be a good idea to keep the props off too since you'll probably be doing this indoors. Then, start up the DJI GO app, and click the graduation cap icon at the top, right corner of the DJI GO app.

i never understood why the phantom has to be on to be able to do it, would be much easier to get the radio and your phone/tablet out and practice.

I can't get the way point to work right. I have saved about 5 runs but when I apply one I get a message in the upper left saying I have to start waypoint. It does not give me that option.

i never understood why the phantom has to be on to be able to do it, would be much easier to get the radio and your phone/tablet out and practice.

I wondered this too. I'd think the app and the controller should be all that is needed. It was my understanding that the controller acts as the "router" when flying anyway. Why does the drone need to be involved?

Reactions: Raja777m
Yes.

Your Phantom needs to be on (with the motors off) in order to use the flight simulator. It would be a good idea to keep the props off too since you'll probably be doing this indoors. Then, start up the DJI GO app, and click the graduation cap icon at the top, right corner of the DJI GO app.
I dont have any graduation cap icon on my screen.

DJI-GO-Home.png

Reactions: Raja777m
It would be easier, but that's the way it is. I've never used my simulator because of this. Not to mention I've heard the graphics are terrible on the android version anyway.

The phantom is the one that sets up the network connection through the RC. The RC does not have the capability to do it on it's own. Interestingly, I think after the connection is established you can turn the phantom off and continue to use the simulator (have not tried that myself). The sim graphics are so so, but if it helps to practice the functionality of the advanced flight modes I can see the point so you are not frustrated when trying on the real Phantom while burning battery and possibly making bad mistakes. If some tries it before I get a chance and update my post; please post a reply.

I wondered this too. I'd think the app and the controller should be all that is needed. It was my understanding that the controller acts as the "router" when flying anyway. Why does the drone need to be involved?
I could charge the only battery meanwhile, I play play on the simulator :(
Why DJI, why?

Well, I didn't read the rest of the comments, so, I might get my answer there..!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic