Flight review

Reaction score
Hello pilots

Long time lurker, first post

So I've passed the on-line advanced exam and in the process of scheduling my flight review.

I've read the TC guide for the evaluator but I have a vague idea of what the review will be.

So from my understanding, pls add or correct.

I need to demonstrate that the area is safe (not near ? or if s allowed I need to ask permission before take off.

Do all the checks on the drone, I have Don Drone Canada app that has all the pre flight checks.

Now for the "mission" is me who will propose it or the evaluator will lay it out?

After the mission is done I need to land properly and make sure I have all the papers and docs ready

Have all your papers in order, and know where to find information if you need it... I am talking pre flight checklists, emergency procedures, contact numbers, drone manual, licenses, etc... Be prepared to demonstrate you can fly in Atti mode. Instructor will likely give you general idea where to go, but leave most of it to you... For bonus points, I landed the the drone on a 2x2 box.

HP: Thanks for the heads up. I have not taken the test yet but I will definitely use my P4 instead of the P3. Much easier. Like the box idea too.

Keep in mind, its about your ability to fly... A GPS locked drone is pretty easy to fly.. They may want you to fly it Atti..

Reactions: Alex_H
I've only have a spark and I can't force it to Alti mode

I can do a step by step explanation of what I will do if that happens, at least the cheapo Husban was pretty good at getting used to alti

(look at the drone orientation on the map, bring it back and land it, if unsuccessful RTH)

I can't tell you for sure about the Atti thing, whether or not they will ask you to do it, the only reason I mention it, is my reviewer did.

Reactions: Alex_H
Pardon my ignorance, but are you all speaking to the testing associated with the Top Opertor program?

We're talking about the advanced pilot flight review that's needed in Canada to obtain the advanced license

Reactions: jefti
No idea who's from the sunshine state
Post #3

331zvag.jpg

Didn't realize you weren't allowed to comment on threads that were not talking about issues in your own country.. Must be a new forum rule.

Didn't realize you weren't allowed to comment on threads that were not talking about issues in your own country.. Must be a new forum rule.

is all good for me, i really appreciate all the help from whatever country the reply comes from :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers