Flight log??

M

mattweikel

I have finally got my Phantom just the way I want it. I flew out to 10,116 feet and still had perfect control and fpv. But now I need to be able to log my flight. I see other people's videos and they have all the telemetry info on the bottom of the video. What is the easiest way to be able to do this? Is it always required to modify the phantom itself in order to get it to work? I'd rather not have to do any sodering. So far I've avoided doing any modifications birdside. I'm using the itelite DBS antenna which is a freaking beast. Especially after I threw a couple amps on it . Even with using my limefuel 6000 mah batteries , it's a mad dash to get back home especially if there's a strong headwind. If anyone out there could offer up some help with this , I would really appreciate it. Thanks

You are likely seeing videos that use Dashware to add the gauges. Dashware uses the data from a Flytrex data logger.

I'm still pretty new at this. Step by step what would I need to do to be able to do that too. Thank you

this is all done post flight, btw.
I use it like this. I use Ken Argo's ap, DJI Ultimate flight with gs. In the settings, I enabled "Phantom Tracks".
This is the data logger.
Download and install dashware. It is free now.
I made a folder on my computer just for all this stuff. I copy my flight video from the card to the folder. You have to get the data file out of your phone or tablet, whatever you are using. I use an 8" tablet with a card slot so I take out the card and plug it into my computer and copy the file to the folder. It is a .csv file.
Now that the mp4 and the csv file are in the same folder I open dashware and load or import both. Then I can add or delete gauges, edit them, etc. Then I have to sync the data to the video. Then the real time consuming part begins, rendering your finished video.
It is very very time consuming and there are instructional videos on youtube, just search.
I have some movies on my page at youtube.com/sdtag if you want to check them out.
I am still learning but it is fun.

Wow I can't believe there isn't an easier way. Thank you for the information that was exactly what I was looking for . Now I just need to find the time. It's hard enough to find the time to fly . Thank you very much!! Happy flying !

FPV Booster app stores flight data and flight path automatically if you use iOS version. You'll have to purchase, Booster, then purchase Camera and Tracker as in-app purchases. Whole package costs about $25. It works fine for me and has many extras.

Ok I have that app . Would I still need to sync with dashware?
I believe the next upgrade of FPV Booster is going to include a way to externally store and to delete logs. That should be all you need then. Now they are only storable on the app.

When using the ultimate phantom app or similar apps will it automatically save the flight log to the SD card on my Samsung galaxy pro tab 10.1 or do I need to change something in the settings so that it's saved on the card and not the device. Thank you

so far its been my experience that I cannot change the location where the ap stores the csv file. I have to remember to copy it/them to the sd card, then plug the card into my pc.I have a request in.
pita but just look at the end results. I'm hooked and I can't stop myself!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31