Flight Log, Dashware, Compass. A prob somwhere but which?

Reaction score
In another life I have flown a number of different A/C so I thought it might be kinda neat to put a sort of HUD overlay on a video from my P4 so this is what happened with my first attempt.

I grabbed my kit and I set off to take a short early evening film, when I came to calibrate my compasses I had a bit of a problem, that I put down to my location, I had a long metal fence running along beside me (you'll see it in the film). Anyway I got calibrated after moving about a bit and took off, flew around, made a few 360s etc etc and returned No apparent problems there, everything behaved as it should. After d/l the video I play it and it was ok for a quickie. When I put on the Dashware overlay I could see the compass was going crazy, especially on 360 deg turns. I'm not sure which part of the chain was doing that. Was it the Flight Log (with compass info within it), was it the Dashware or was it the decoding of the Flight Log and encoding it to work with the Dashware, I have no idea. I was wondering what you guys think?

Here's the video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1