Flight Log and Checklist - Word version

Reaction score
I received quite a few requests for an editable Word version of my Flight Log/Checklist, so here it is.
I put a copyright note at the bottom of it, but I make this freely available for your own personal use. I only ask that you don't post it anywhere else. If you know someone that wants to use it, point them here.

It's meant to be printed double sided on one sheet of paper, with the log info on one side, and a set of checklists on the other. I've tried to make this as complete, yet as concise as possible. But if you see any glaring omissions, I'm open to recommendations.

Here's a link to the downloadable Word doc. (This site won't let me post a Word document directly).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1dYVKw5dn-kSHRlNWhiWDRNbVU

It depends on the aircraft/battery. My P4P batteries start at about 17 volts when fully charged, and go down to about 14.5 after a 20 minute flight.

This is my first foray into drone ownership. What are the pros and cons when it comes to printing this out or filling it out digitally? What do most users here do? Keeping it digital would be a lot cheaper, but may be more professional to have everything printed each flight and in a binder?

This is my first foray into drone ownership. What are the pros and cons e Word doc in order to have a "clean"when it comes to printing this out or filling it out digitally? What do most users here do? Keeping it digital would be a lot cheaper, but may be more professional to have everything printed each flight and in a binder?
Honestly, I think it's easier to fill out a paper form in the field. Otherwise you'd need to have it open on a computer or in another tablet window. That's why I initially posted it as a PDF. But I know some people like to do everything digital. You could use paper on site, and then copy it into the Word version back at the office in order to have a "clean" digital copy. If you're that nerdy (and I am) :).

Reactions: Briankbl
This is EXCELLENT!!! I've been making inquires all over on Mission/Flight logs for proper FAA documentation. All the "Drone Logbooks" I've seen for sale fall short of what is really needed.
Also I wanted to use a ring binder for my log so it can grow and be able to accept additional notes, diagrams, receipts and be able to close. The hard bound books would get unwieldy fast if you need to add external pages.

Thanks for creating this. Sincerely

I received quite a few requests for an editable Word version of my Flight Log/Checklist, so here it is.
I put a copyright note at the bottom of it, but I make this freely available for your own personal use. I only ask that you don't post it anywhere else. If you know someone that wants to use it, point them here.

It's meant to be printed double sided on one sheet of paper, with the log info on one side, and a set of checklists on the other. I've tried to make this as complete, yet as concise as possible. But if you see any glaring omissions, I'm open to recommendations.

Here's a link to the downloadable Word doc. (This site won't let me post a Word document directly).

UAV Flight Log Checklist.docx
Thank you very much I just became a new member this is a great help as I am going in for my SFOC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic