Flight Limit

Hughie said:
Not sure about range, but have my height set to 395 feet. Manned aircraft should be expected to be flying at 500' and above (and below that too in exceptional cases !) so I don't see why you would want to go above 400' anyway in normal hobby use.

I live right next door to a hill that is about 800' ASL, my kid hikes it, and I use my P2 to get shots of him on his hikes. Although this requires me to changes the altitude setting to 1,000' for GPS, I am still usually <400' AGL during the flight because of the terrain.

sdtrojan said:
Hughie said:
Not sure about range, but have my height set to 395 feet. Manned aircraft should be expected to be flying at 500' and above (and below that too in exceptional cases !) so I don't see why you would want to go above 400' anyway in normal hobby use.

I live right next door to a hill that is about 800' ASL, my kid hikes it, and I use my P2 to get shots of him on his hikes. Although this requires me to changes the altitude setting to 1,000' for GPS, I am still usually <400' AGL during the flight because of the terrain.

Exactly. It is not about altitude relative to the pilot, it is about altitude relative to the aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4