Flight Distance?

As with all things wireless and electronic, there are many other variables that can affect performance, both natural, man-caused and even from outer space, such as sun spots. Even then, these drones are marvels at what they can do. Must imagine what some artificial intelligence added will allow them to do in the future.

I went up to the everglades in Florida I reached 8,000 feet ( distance ) Park ranger came by told me no Drones. They Just posted a sign last week. Definitely saw the difference in wide open areas. She was just doing her job..

Reactions: bill combs
I was reading some older posts within the forum where some stated they were able to fly further staying in P mode due to going 30 was more efficient on the battery .
Some posts read depending on the RC may possibly effect transmission.
Ex: GL300F , GL300E,GL300K..

Out of a curiosity ...
That's a compound question. The control range is one question and the maximum distance flyable on a stock battery is a second question. Control range is not affected by speed or flying mode. Maximum distance flown on a stock battery is a matter of flight efficiency, and is unaffected by the control range, unless you are trying to fly straight out and back, where 31mph seems to be the sweet spot, based upon long distance flights. The stock battery is the limiting factor on the latter if you want to return to your launch site, unless you are flying a one way suicide mission. The 4.3 mile range roughly matches the capacity of the battery for a round trip at 31mph and no wind. In the U.S., best results for range and signal stability are achieved in Auto 5.8 Ghz on the P4P V1. Not sure about the P4P V2, as it was still buggy when the M2 came out.

Reactions: White Shadow
i use dji’s high capacity batteries in my ph4 pro 2.0 and caught a tail wind when i flew out and barely made it back fighting the same head wind,i imagine if there had been no wind i could have gone further,i flew 12000 ft out quickly and noticed i still had three bars for signal strength before coming back and landing with 1 to 1.3 bars left

Reactions: White Shadow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.