Fitting a Samsung Tab S3 9.7 on Phantom4 controller

Reaction score
Will a Samsung Tab S3 9.7 fit on a Phantom 4 standard controller? According to specs the Tab S3 is 169mm, and when measuring the controller it seems a very tight fit. Anyone using this combination?

I'm not using that combination, but I can tell you it'll definitely fit. My iPad fits and it's a little wider than the Samsung Tab S3.

Reactions: MythicalFlyer
Reactions: MythicalFlyer
I use a Samsung Tab S, which is 10.5 inches. Have to use an extender on the holder so it will fit, and really happy with it. You must have a lanyard since it makes the controller very heavy. It also really helps to wear a dark shirt to reduce glare on the screen.

Thanks for the answers, I went ahead and bought a Tab S3. Fits very nicely, and I use the lanyard (but I use it always anyhow). The experience on the big Amoled screen is very enjoyable!

Have good flights everyone!

I bought a Galaxy Tab S2 last week for a price I just couldn't refuse. Compared to what an iPad costs, I got a real bargain. It isn't going to be used solely for my P4 but it was a big reason for me buying it. I haven't been able to fly with it yet (it's still winter here in the Great White North) but I did use it indoors when I was updating the FW. It looks HUGE compared to my iPhone 6S Plus. I have to extend the holder to it's max and even then it just barely fits in. A little push on the holder makes sure it isn't going to end up on the ground. As for the weight, I find that there really isn't a whole lot of difference between the tablet and the iPhone. That's not to say that I won't try using a lanyard.

I bought mine because it was on a 24% discount. I don't use it only for the Phantom (actually it is now my main computer). I bought a Tab A 8.0 2016 for a huge discount when I bought the drone last year and while the Tab A ran DJI Go just fine at first, the 8 Gb internal memory of the Tab A is just too low. You end up with less than 4 Gb usable space, makeing the tablet virtually useless.

BTW, I highly recommend a lanyard, it makes flying much more relaxing, even with a small device.

Reactions: Bobby T

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT