Fish or Cut Bait - DJI, homebuilt, or other?

Reaction score
Hey folks,
P2 is the 2nd phantom I've owned; returned the vision as it seem in need of significant improvement. I had a P2 ready for the h33d, iosd, transmitter, and go pro....thank goodness I did a few test flights first. All seemed well until while flying 150 yards away it climbed, turned and continued to fly out of view with a slow descent, shortly followed by an audible crash somewhere yet to be determined in the neighborhood. (you know you're neighborhood is too tight when you hand out 30 fliers trying to find a P2 in a pretty defined crash area). So, I'm happy to still have my equipment but wonder 2 things: 1st - any chance of financial recoupment with a new P2? (bought from century hell. 2nd - should I continue to fish or cut bait to move on to something better. I thought the P2 was going to be the bomb - defined as: small, stable with h33d, generally long flight times, ready-to-fly, and business-capable. Not sure if I can build something better for the loss of $679 in equipment but may be worth a try, although I'd still have the h33d, iosd and gimbal hanging around...I'm also seeing bad things with regard to the h33d. Open to thoughts/recommendations?

Can you be more specific about your question? I'm not clear on what you're asking.

If you don't get a bad one, are careful with it, and outfit it with fpv, the P2 with 3D gimbal is capable of good footage at GoPro quality. Which platform you choose will depend on what quality-level you want, your funds and your experience. If your business is to shoot in 6K raw at 100fps from the air then the P2 is obviously the wrong choice. Generally, the camera you want to fly will tell you what platform you need to get.

ArmyAV8R said:
Hey folks,
P2 is the 2nd phantom I've owned; returned the vision as it seem in need of significant improvement. I had a P2 ready for the h33d, iosd, transmitter, and go pro....thank goodness I did a few test flights first. All seemed well until while flying 150 yards away it climbed, turned and continued to fly out of view with a slow descent, shortly followed by an audible crash somewhere yet to be determined in the neighborhood. (you know you're neighborhood is too tight when you hand out 30 fliers trying to find a P2 in a pretty defined crash area). So, I'm happy to still have my equipment but wonder 2 things: 1st - any chance of financial recoupment with a new P2? (bought from century hell. 2nd - should I continue to fish or cut bait to move on to something better. I thought the P2 was going to be the bomb - defined as: small, stable with h33d, generally long flight times, ready-to-fly, and business-capable. Not sure if I can build something better for the loss of $679 in equipment but may be worth a try, although I'd still have the h33d, iosd and gimbal hanging around...I'm also seeing bad things with regard to the h33d. Open to thoughts/recommendations?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20