Fish-eye video correction - DJI Stock Camera

c'mon man, how much is that?
Like I said if I have to spend that kind of money it will be on new hardware not software.
Plus the learning curve for that must be like... OMG!
That must be one of the most common rookie mistakes on all filming platforms, not just drones.
For a goood videographer/photographer HARDWARE is not even half the process.
It is in the editing part your movies really shine.
Spending all that money in hardware and not investing time and some money in editing, is like getting a ferrari and never bother to learn how to drive. Your movies will never get to be as good as they could.
Applying the effect to remove the fisheye is like 3 seconds for a hole movie.
Gopro is great, but you've got the same fisheye problem.
Really, think strongly in getting a good video editor, FCPX, Adobe Premiere.. and your movies will shine.
Having a Ferrari and not learning how to drive wont win you any races :)

oh really?
I assumed for the fish eye removal it would have to render frame by frame and take hours.
really if it only takes seconds I will look at it then.
I'm just looking for the least painful way out.
Thank you

when I joined this conversation all I wanted to do was to flatten out my photos, I'm happy with the results I get with video as I use the foxtech horyzon hd v3 camera and comparing it with my friends go pro the fish-eye isn't as bad, so using Gimp is just what I wanted for that, so I'm happy with it, see photos, photos resized........
47+1.JPG
3+1.JPG

Of corse it depends on the size of the footage. But with any video editor when you export it it will take a while. Fisheye correction or not.

Why do people talk about GIMP over and over when the OP clearly states he is talking about VIDEO!!! GIMP is for photos. stop confusing the OP

c'mon man, how much is that?
Like I said if I have to spend that kind of money it will be on new hardware not software.
Plus the learning curve for that must be like... OMG!
Thanks for the suggestion but I am starting to see fish eye distortion removal software as kind of a band aid fix. I think it will add countless hours to the countless hours I already spend editing and rendering videos. (I'm a Dashware fanatic too) If I had a non fish eye camera then this would become a moot point. I've done small mods to my quad and tx already but this seems a little more intense to me so I am doing my research first. I really haven't even looked at other cameras yet. I assume that gopro is the way to go? With a gopro I could remove it from the quad and stick on to my helmet when I go riding? I have a fast Kawasaki too. Double purpose would reduce the sting a little for me. I'm funny that way, money is not so much an issue, but I am inherently cheap! Plus this is kind of a fun process for me. research, ask questions, try to get the best deal, etc.
(I think) I've seen threads where somebody has done this, replaced the stock P2V+ camera with a gopro. So I think it is doable/has been done. I just need to free up some time and start digging. I'm so freakin busy right now I can't even fly tomorrow (Saturday) wah wah wah

Lightroom has a lens correction algo for DJI, and it works great, but it's for still images. I'm sure there are others. Even if it worked for video frames you'd never spend the time. I suggest framing the shot so that the really distorted part of the image (usually the edges in a fisheye) is well away from the subject matter you're shooting...i.e. toward the edges of the frame. The viewers eye will focus on the important stuff and the distortion at the edges won't bother him...as much. Just a thought.

Check out this movie I made for a client.
I use the fisheye remove effect in some clips. On others I just like the fisheye effect.

nice video. I assume you carried the quad for the interior shots.
so was that lightroom? no you sadi it was only for stills.
so what did you use for the video fish eye removal?
y quantos mas? $$$

I have wondered about that handle thing. I was thinking about designing something that would do that, become a grip, and also have a few 1/4-20F threaded holes so you could mount it to a tripod. Then a variety of different handle/grip configurations. Modular.
I gave up on my idea because I thought the wifi module over heats without the props providing air flow. I know it's not good to leave the quad on and sitting on the ground without the motors on so how can you video without the props and without it over heating? I am missing something.
FCPX=argh

...apologies for hijacking

I have wondered about that handle thing. I was thinking about designing something that would do that, become a grip, and also have a few 1/4-20F threaded holes so you could mount it to a tripod. Then a variety of different handle/grip configurations. Modular.
I gave up on my idea because I thought the wifi module over heats without the props providing air flow. I know it's not good to leave the quad on and sitting on the ground without the motors on so how can you video without the props and without it over heating? I am missing something.
FCPX=argh

...apologies for hijacking
Hello Sdtag.

They've tested it for 30 min long consecutive shots and then a short cooling period in between shots with no problems.
Longer than that, problems can arise.
You can even decrease the wifi module power output with several 3rd party apps so you can film for consecutive longer periods, but i see no point in that.

I don't see much use on mounting it to a tripod.. the idea is to take advantage of the gimbal with moving scenes. And as you can see on the products movies, you can also mount other accessories like led light panels.
The advantage of this design is that you can disassemble all the system and stays flat on your backpacks pocket.

Thanks for your posts. I have purchased a licence for ProDRENALIN. I did a trial for this plus Adobe Premier Elements 13. The Adobe s/w allowed you to perform manual corrections of distortion...however this involved a lot of messing about trying to get a straight horizon and never being quite sure if the corrections were well.....correct. ProDRENALIN just sorted it as soon as I told it that the footage was taken with a DJI V+. No messing around at all. Really fast. Plus the PD licence was a lot cheaper than Adobe.

Why do people talk about GIMP over and over when the OP clearly states he is talking about VIDEO!!! GIMP is for photos. stop confusing the OP

I thought this forum was to help everyone, and as somebody mentioned Gimp I checked it out and found it worked perfect with stills which is want I wanted, I didn't realize that there was such a program to do this so at least I gained something from his post;):cool: and I expect others did as well.
no problem:) as I'm sure Ninja doesn't mind

I thought this forum was to help everyone, and as somebody mentioned Gimp I checked it out and found it worked perfect with stills which is want I wanted, I didn't realize that there was such a program to do this so at least I gained something from his post;):cool: and I expect others did as well.
no problem:) as I'm sure Ninja doesn't mind
That is why the forum has rules. If someone wants to share information about another program that as nothing to do with this post, they can open a new post. Lets keep it clean an organize.

That is why the forum has rules. If someone wants to share information about another program that as nothing to do with this post, they can open a new post. Lets keep it clean an organize.

:confused::confused: ok, from now on I think I'll be a watcher and keep my thoughts to myself, I hope "phantom help" is watching this;);)

Want a quick fix?............. https://www.prodrenalin.com/prodrenalin/
Not sure about render quality at this point but it professes 1080 to straighten horizon this is ridiculously quick
That's it..........hope it helps
Oh yeah I am NOT a sponsor & am not getting anything for this ok........it just works for me.

prodad doesn't like w 8.1 either
I'm done banging my head on this wall.
I have a fish eye camera and there is NOTHING I can do about it.
You know what? I am starting to like fish eye distortion.
:)

I don't get it... nothing you can do?!
You were presented with several proven working solutions.

none of them worked for me.
all my computers have windows 8.1

And I don't want to spend big bucks and spend countless hours learning editing software when all I want to do is have normal looking videos. I spent enough time learning Dashware. haha
That's what it has come down to. hundreds of dollars and a learning curve.
If anyone can point me to an easy to use DJI fish eye eliminator that will work with windows 8.1 I am all ears.
Right now I am using windows movie maker and dashware. oh stop laughing!
nothing fishy in either of those programs but I can get my videos out.

I understand what you are saying and I appreciate it. In my situation what would you do? Adobe Premier?
I also would like easy to use. ( I know I know) Do you know if Adobe Premier has a fish eye eliminator in it already and does it know the DJI fish eye? I am assuming not... but you know what happens when you assume. haha

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj