First video - Robert Moses Lighthouse

Reaction score
I got up real early last Friday and headed down to the Robert Moses Lighthouse on Fire Island here in NY. This was my first try at a video using my Phantom 3 Standard. The flight was built and flown using Litchi. Very impressed with the app. It's a little rough but I'm excited to build on this video. Comments welcomed!
Thanks for looking!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice video buddy.
Never been to Fire Island, looks beautiful.
I'm from Huntington NY.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all New York State parks require a permit to fly any type of model aircraft -- so don't be surprised if your drone gets confiscated by a park ranger. How one gets a permit is anyone's guess. See Section 372.7(j).

http://nysparks.com/publications/documents/NYSParksRulesRegulations.pdf

The light house area might also be a National Park

Last edited:
Spoke to the rangers at the station the day before and showed them the Phantom and told them that as the camera can take still pictures and I was not shooting for commercial purposes a permit was not needed. do not need a permit to shoot pictures/video anywhere in the park for personal use. Perhaps it's walking a fine line as to wether it's an aircraft or unmanned aerial vehicle but at 5:30 in the morning and no bathers on the beach The only thing I was bothering was the deer.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Spoke to the rangers at the station the day before and showed them the Phantom and told them that as the camera can take still pictures and I was not shooting for commercial purposes a permit was not needed. do not need a permit to shoot pictures/video anywhere in the park for personal use.

Good to know. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl