First time shooting 4K and first edit!

Reaction score
Second flight and the first time shooting 4k on my P3SE. I certainly need more practice to get the panning around the house effect as well as slowing down my stationary pans.

This is my first edit, so it isn't great but I knocked it out in iMovie in about 10 minutes. :)

Open to call comments and critiquing!

You are not trying to do a video for captivating an audience. Boring just watching you fly around. I don’t think your video is for critiquing. It is more of you getting to know you quad. Try different settings and experiment more.

Reactions: rowle1jt
Watch how hard you land, surface cracks come easy to some drones, Your horizon looked good , little moisture on the lens maybe , stay away from the spin all together it never looks good and its gets people dizzy. Learn how to hand catch as soon as you can, I find that using a half circle of video is best , and get yourself Final Cut X Pro 10.4 on ebay for about $150 includes updates. Your on you way enjoy the journey. Are using the latest update ?

Reactions: rowle1jt
Watch how hard you land, surface cracks come easy to some drones, Your horizon looked good , little moisture on the lens maybe , stay away from the spin all together it never looks good and its gets people dizzy. Learn how to hand catch as soon as you can, I find that using a half circle of video is best , and get yourself Final Cut X Pro 10.4 on ebay for about $150 includes updates. Your on you way enjoy the journey. Are using the latest update ?
Latest update on my MacOS, iMovie or my quad?

When you hand catch, do you hold a landing gear and kill the props with full down? That intrigues me as I don't want to hurt it.

Latest update on my MacOS, iMovie or my quad?

When you hand catch, do you hold a landing gear and kill the props with full down? That intrigues me as I don't want to hurt it.
Yes on the hand catch , you hold near the top of the leg , and kill the props , Latest update on the drone itself.

second.gif

Yes on the hand catch , you hold near the top of the leg , and kill the props , Latest update on the drone itself.

View attachment 93965

Ok, that makes sense. It hasn't prompted me to update and it seems to operate perfectly..... So being an IT guy I'm wary of updating just to update. :)

I agree that your video just looks like you're flying around rather than trying to be cinematic however it can be critiqued. Instead of criticizing the video I'll just give you some points. In reality you shouldn't be looking to make a video within 10 minutes as it won't be complete enough if you are looking for that classic cinematic look.

Look up videos on how to film cinematic sequences whether that's by drone or regular camera. Watch what their scenes are like and how they display them. Look for the reveal techniques or zoom shot etc.

Also watch videos from these guys. They're pretty good at giving you tips etc. Drone Film Guide

Hope this helps and enjoy yourself!

Second flight and the first time shooting 4k on my P3SE. I certainly need more practice to get the panning around the house effect as well as slowing down my stationary pans.

This is my first edit, so it isn't great but I knocked it out in iMovie in about 10 minutes. :)

Open to call comments and critiquing!

Like you I am new to all of this. I did enjoy your video considering it was your first go at it. I am curious as to the altitude your drone was at while filming. I also wonder what is the location?

I usually research where I plan to fly using Google Earth as it is a good resource for helping to make videos interesting to the viewer. Flying technique will only come with practice and it takes a bit of time. Don’t give up is the advice as we were all beginners once!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4