first time maybe my last

No need to delete DJI Go (you may need it for certain settings (e.g., to activate Multiple Flight Modes (so you can use Litchi waypoints)). You probably have already done that. Seems the problems with having both on the same device is pretty much limited to Android devices (unless the problem's been rectified). In either case, only one should be running (which you know and did). I have both DJI Go and Litchi on my Iphone 5s and my Ipad Mini 2 and never had any problems.

No need to delete DJI Go (you may need it for certain settings (e.g., to activate Multiple Flight Modes (so you can use Litchi waypoints)). You probably have already done that. Seems the problems with having both on the same device is pretty much limited to Android devices (unless the problem's been rectified). In either case, only one should be running (which you know and did). I have both DJI Go and Litchi on my Iphone 5s and my Ipad Mini 2 and never had any problems.
Thanks . yes i have no intentions of deleting any of the apps . i do as you mentioned close out the app I'm not using before using the one i want for what ever flight i'm doing . have not done a waypoint mission yet . Still want to get more accustom to Litchi. I have been through all that i can do with the DJI go app and still getting comfortable with everything .

Reactions: Pharm
got into airdata last night .have yet to download the flight data from this flight. though i do have the flight data on dji once i switched over . signal was strong and the dji app saved the day it shows where the bird was once it was turned on that RTH was initiated and then it went to the preset alt of 40m and flew right back to me at 22.5 mph before landing i canceled rth and contuined to fly with dji . i will give litchi another try but limit my flights to 30m . if i can't trust it to go beyond or at least as far as i can go with dji then i'll drop it and get a refund . haven't had this issue with dji and after 67 flights and a total distance of 530,435' this was my first mishap and it was with a 3rd party app . i wish i felt different but litchi will not buy me a new $1200 drone if i lose it . No reason for signal loss in the area i'm flying and have not lost it until now . one thing i thought was waypoint settings .i had played with them but cancelled them all and was in FPV before taking off .maybe Litchi just decided to run a waypoint on it's own where i had just one way point installed . but then again i calcelled that and flew in FPV . beats me as to what happened . guess i'll know more once i get a chance to see the litchi flight data .Which by the way is a pain seems it should all ready be on their app just like dji's is
If you have litchi and dji. On the same iPad or phone, it will get weird. Running both will cause you problems. One has to be either taken off or disconnected

Every since the first of the year I've had the dji go app crash or disconnect constantly even when the drone was 20-30 ft away. Try litchi a week ago and I've been flying almost every day and it hasn't crashed or disconnected once.

If you have litchi and dji. On the same iPad or phone, it will get weird. Running both will cause you problems. One has to be either taken off or disconnected
Not correct . at least not the the P4 or the DJI go app with a mini 4 ipad. only run one and close the other out no need to delete one or the other . .

Every since the first of the year I've had the dji go app crash or disconnect constantly even when the drone was 20-30 ft away. Try litchi a week ago and I've been flying almost every day and it hasn't crashed or disconnected once.
have not had any issues with DJI go app . none . only 70 flights and 14 hrs though

A app only behaves as it is set up to. Is it possible to have loss of signal behaviour set to hover on litchi and loss of signal set to RTH on the DJI app?

Not correct . at least not the the P4 or the DJI go app with a mini 4 ipad. only run one and close the other out no need to delete one or the other . .
Reread my post, you CAN only run one at a time, if your running litchi then close the OTHER.

Agreed !that's the way it is on dji go . makes no sense to have to fly to and mark waypoints . one big reason I'm giving Litchi a try . time will tell
I see a lot of folks love Litchi .Has anyone else used DJI's Ground Station Pro ? After seeing YouTube video's and other posts relevant to litchi's RTH and the current P3 firmware I have not used it. I've use GSP waypoints and it works well. I would like to try Litchi but with GSP I can feel confidant that there will be no incompatible issues that might occur with a third party app..

I see a lot of folks love Litchi .Has anyone else used DJI's Ground Station Pro ? After seeing YouTube video's and other posts relevant to litchi's RTH and the current P3 firmware I have not used it. I've use GSP waypoints and it works well. I would like to try Litchi but with GSP I can feel confidant that there will be no incompatible issues that might occur with a third party app..
i'm tending to agree with you . have only flown Litchi 2 but feel uncomfortable using it . all my flights in Dji go are non-issues flights . i prefer to control the drone myself anyways . I've been looking into DJI ground station myself .
Litchi seems to cause a person to take a few more steps before flights and even to download flight logs takes time . not so with DJI. still up in the air but the more i get into it the more i'm leaning away from Litchi

i'm tending to agree with you . have only flown Litchi 2 but feel uncomfortable using it . all my flights in Dji go are non-issues flights . i prefer to control the drone myself anyways . I've been looking into DJI ground station myself .
Litchi seems to cause a person to take a few more steps before flights and even to download flight logs takes time . not so with DJI. still up in the air but the more i get into it the more i'm leaning away from Litchi
If you are not going to use the advanced flight features that Litchi provides, then you are probably better off using the GO app. If anything, I have less steps to go through using Litchi vs GO to get in the air since GO seems to have more things I want buried in sub-menus. And for me on my Standard, Litchi provides features important to me that are not possible using GO.

DJI's Ground Station Pro is free but as of know it is only for IOS

Well I've only been flying since the end of December of 16. No doubt I'm still a novice. I purchased Litchi about a month ago and have been flying with Litchi since with no problems whatsoever. You must have other issues.

Unfortunately, I've gotten to the point where I need to minimize the turns and interpolation to get better image quality.

Example: Heres one with many waypoints - even though all WP's are interpolated and the camera only has one POI you can see movement between waypoints.
Maybe there's a way to avoid this? I havent figured it out, so minimizing the waypoints or setting up the path so that the video is taken in reverse seems to help a lot. Difficult to do when filming a 360-degree path.

Wouldn't Litchi's Orbit or DJI GO Point of Interest work better to capture a 360 degree run around such a large property? I've not been so lucky so have no experience.

Reactions: NoCoDrones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94