First stress crack - Whats the verdict with DJI?

Reaction score
I know there are several threads about this but I haven't found a definitive answer from DJI. So will DJI do anything or is it just up to us individually to resolve the issue? Has anyone had DJI actually resolve this??

Attachments

• stress crack.jpeg
    stress crack.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 594
I believe the stress crack workflow is: log case with DJI, send it away for 2 months to be 'fixed' (body replaced), fly, and wait for it to happen again. Repeat until your warranty is up.

I know there are several threads about this but I haven't found a definitive answer from DJI. So will DJI do anything or is it just up to us individually to resolve the issue? Has anyone had DJI actually resolve this??
Hmm your stress crack has developed in the mold imperfection most Phantom 3s have, that is not good. I will order that strong arm kit for peace of mind. I expect a new solution from DJI within the newer Phantom3 revisions, i guess its not that hard to make the mold a bit thicker around those areas. The only thing that angers me a bit is that my phantom dont has that and i will have problems when selling it in the future because i can smell the ebay question "man is this the new revision or the old?" . When you say its the old you will get 100 dollar less or so. So the early adopters get punished instead of rewarded despite they paid the original (higher) price.

I believe the stress crack workflow is: log case with DJI, send it away for 2 months to be 'fixed' (body replaced), fly, and wait for it to happen again. Repeat until your warranty is up.
Figures... :-/

Hmm your stress crack has developed in the mold imperfection most Phantom 3s have, that is not good. I will order that strong arm kit for peace of mind. I expect a new solution from DJI within the newer Phantom3 revisions, i guess its not that hard to make the mold a bit thicker around those areas. The only thing that angers me a bit is that my phantom dont has that and i will have problems when selling it in the future because i can smell the ebay question "man is this the new revision or the old?" . When you say its the old you will get 100 dollar less or so. So the early adopters get punished instead of rewarded despite they paid the original (higher) price.
I believe the cause of the cracks were determined to be over torquing in the manufacture process, which is a warranty issue.. But with the proposed fixes presented on this forum, you probably would be better served to employ one of those if you don't want to lose your Phantom for six to eight weeks for repair by DJI.

Guy:

Just to not open a new tread....
ON my previous and first small quad, Hubsan 109L, i saw a video od a dude reinforcing the arms with "adhesive tape" in case of falling....

My crazy suggestion: If we aply transparent adhesive tap, around that part on the photos, won`t it reinforce all structure against vibrations, torque, etc,etc....??

Also, its transparent, won`t affect light indicators of P3...

Just a thought.....but maybe it works until a certain point....i very tempted to aply on mine, and won`t affect any waranty, its easy and cheap....

Comments?

I've put white zip ties around my arms as close to the motors as possible really tight, prevention is better than cure

I have 65 flights, 9hr 50 min and no cracks. Haven't done any structural mods of any sort.

These crack threads raged for weeks and finally went away-- and now we are cooking the same soup-- do a search and you will find plenty of advice on how to fix them, raging at DJI and much more. Now we have another 150 post thread going.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yes...fixes that including open it, glue. etc.etc.....

Im talking about a cheap, easy way to everyone do.....
Even gladiators on roman imperium use "bracelets" around arms to reinforce their force (sorry my english isn`t perfect).

I felt bad for the people that were getting stress cracks and then I got it on one front arm almost 100 flights in as everyone said and about 1 million feet of flying. To each their own but now I want to figure out how best to deal with it. Someone suggested Loctite 425 but that didn't do anything to stop it. Waiting on the bondic which should have arrived today.

I used Bondic to fix the stress cracks, then placed UAVbits plates to reinforce the area and hopefully stop the stress cracks once and for all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT