First Snow on Valentia Island in 8 Years

D

Deleted member 99081

Valentia Island, on the extreme west coast of Southern Ireland, in County Kerry, saw it's first snowfall in 8 years, yesterday, thanks to "Storm Emma".

Temperatures were below -4, but I managed to get the P4A up for a few minutes. Here is 90 seconds of it.

I didn't know storms in the states kept the same name when they got to Ireland? My grandmother's family came from somewhere around s. Ireland. There name was Cunningham.

I didn't know storms in the states kept the same name when they got to Ireland?

I think they keep the name all around the globe until they blow themselves out, no matter where they originate.

My grandmother's family came from somewhere around s. Ireland. There name was Cunningham.

Cunningham actually originated in Sotland, and it's most likely found in Northern Ireland, and it's also very common in England. In Southern Ireland, you are more likely to come across one of the many variants of the name, such as Coonaghan, Counihan or Kinnegan.

I think they keep the name all around the globe until they blow themselves out, no matter where they originate.

Cunningham actually originated in Sotland, and it's most likely found in Northern Ireland, and it's also very common in England. In Southern Ireland, you are more likely to come across one of the many variants of the name, such as Coonaghan, Counihan or Kinnegan.
My mother has the genealogy. I read the genealogy one time. It went back to the 1400's. It named the city, but can't recall now. It was Dublin or Belfast. lol They were Irish, because it told when they married a Sottish woman. I need to go back and read it again. I know my great grandfather looked like a little leprechaun.

My mother has the genealogy. I read the genealogy one time. It went back to the 1400's. It named the city, but can't recall now. It was Dublin or Belfast. lol They were Irish, because it told when they married a Sottish woman. I need to go back and read it again. I know my great grandfather looked like a little leprechaun.
Belfast is most likely as it’s in Alster name as well the Scottish. Belfast is not in Southern Ireland, it’s near the top of the northern part of the country. I’ve never heard the name Cunningham, in the English version in this part of the country.

Belfast is most likely as it’s an Ukster name as well as Scottish. Belfast is not in Southern Ireland, it’s near the top of the northern part of the country. I’ve never heard the name Cunningham, in the English version in this part of the country.

Belfast is most likely as it’s in Alster name as well the Scottish. Belfast is not in Southern Ireland, it’s near the top of the northern part of the country. I’ve never heard the name Cunningham, in the English version in this part of the country.
I understand. I will check when I go over to my mother. I'll let you know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl