First flight plan on my new P3P

Reaction score
Trying to decide what I want to do on my first flight, after all the preliminary stuff - charge batteries, re-read manual, familiarize with controls, install tracker and attach phone number, etc...

For me, first thing I do is verify RTH works. I'll definitely shoot a 4K video of the first flight, maybe zoom up to 200 feet or so, rotate around for the 360, fly around a little, come back down and shoot some bracketed stills. I want some footage to start playing around with since I've never shot in 4K - might stop recording and change to 1080.

Still thinking about it...

Reactions: leglessmatt
For my first flight, I want to fly and film beneath an old stone bridge straddling a river.I see the bridge almost every day and the thought of flying the P3 beneath it and out the other side, then rise slowly, still facing west, to film the mountains beyond, would result in a truly exceptional shot.

Due to the temporary loss of satellite signal, I assume there is a risk of RTH being initiated when flying in GPS so I guess Atti would be best, but I don't really know. I'm just guessing. I wouldn't expect to be beneath the bridge for more than 10 seconds.

I think you take it as high as it will go and then as far away as you can go to test the auto return to home function, range and height limits. Then report back so we know.:)

For my first flight, I want to fly and film beneath an old stone bridge straddling a river.I see the bridge almost every day and the thought of flying the P3 beneath it and out the other side, then rise slowly, still facing west, to film the mountains beyond, would result in a truly exceptional shot.

We must be on the same wave length..... as I was thinking, just the same as you... flying along a river bank and under a bridge.
And wondering if the loss of sats would start the other sensors for flying without GPS

Apparition said: 'I think you take it as high as it will go and then as far away as you can go to test the auto return to home function, range and height limits. Then report back so we know'

Well, I live in the perfect area to do that, it being sparsely populated, mountainous and with a clear line of sight limited only by one's own visual ability. I have thousands of acres to fly over so, assuming something went wrong that forced an emergency landing, recovery should be no problem.

I still want to fly beneath that stone bridge though.

Last edited:
Reactions: paulglastra
I would need to drive 100 miles to get away from population so Greyfox51, you've got a nice deal going. I'll take it easy to start with but will cross bridges soon...

Due to the temporary loss of satellite signal, I assume there is a risk of RTH being initiated when flying in GPS so I guess Atti would be best, but I don't really know. I'm just guessing. I wouldn't expect to be beneath the bridge for more than 10 seconds.

I want to see that !!:D

Reactions: dalebb
I want to see that !!:D

The next time I am passing I shall take a still shot, and the panel can consider and decide on its merits.

Of course. if the P3 arrives sooner, rather than later, and the conditions are suitable, I might just try a dry run with the P2V.

In the meantime you are busy :D

image.jpg

Next time I'm going under.....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Fimed with my now sold P2V+

Next time I'm going under.....

Fimed with my now sold P2V+

I'd buy a used P2V+ for cheap and fly it under, and I would pick the larger opening - either way, that will be a really nice shot! Truthfully it doesn't look that difficult as long as you are close enough to judge the perspective....listen to me, I'd be too chicken to try it with a P1!

I did this at 1.30 and it was my 6:th flight, sure not open water but I will do the same shot with my P3 in sunset too, over open water :)

Nice....I liked the piece moving backwards just above the water....

For mine I'm hoping to do a basic flyover of my property with camera facing down. That said, it's pretty wooded with tall conifers out here and so I'm going to have to trust in FPV to navigate. I'm still hoping to get brave enough to fly it over the local waterfall (Snoqualmie falls) but I'm always afraid of downdrafts, etc messing with it and losing $1300.

for my first flight im going to make sure:

- im sober
- i take a long look at the receipt and remember how much it cost
- im not tired from the night before
- its not facing in my direction (or anyone elses)

then, and only then will I remember to charge the battery and 'have a go'.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31