First flight; Hammer time

Reaction score
Been on this forum over a month to learn. Watched hours of video links. RTFM time and time again. So today was the day. Maiden voyage. The flight couldn't have gone better! Friggin awesome! Tucked her away, went home to review the video of this first flight that you only get one shot at. FORGOT TO HIT RECORD! What an ***. Maybe I'll just blame it on DJI. **** FIRMWARE! It does feel better blaming my numb skulledness on some one else.

Reactions: snerd
Pretty funny! Glad it went well!:cool:

Having a check list helps. I created my check list after I noticed after 10 or so minutes into a flight, she didn't have her prop guards on. Live and learn, a never ending process.

Speaking of absent minded professors, I flew my Phantom 3 yesterday, without doing any Compass calibration.
Thankfully, nothing went astray...

I won't duplicate that pilot error, a second time.

Will Try not to, anyway.

RedHotPoker

Yes, I'm with you on that. It's a hassle with only one. But, I Am babying my first battery as well. If it will give us longer battery life and better performance, why wouldn't you?
I look forward to giving all of my intelligent battery collection, the royal treatment, with short flights for the first 10 uses, ten minutes each.

It will pay off, big dividends for us, in the battery longevity.

RedHotPoker

Been there done that lol!! Congrats and good flying!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.