First flight fiasco

Reaction score
Like most things I learn through "experience". This lesson couldn't have been much worse :). I was so worried about the right start up sequence, calibrating the thing, setting up my IPhone, I decided I would just do a quick flight in my backyard instead of going to a safer field a few blocks away. I had a smaller toy drone, but this thing is no comparison. I wound up slamming it into cinder block along the fence, and by the grace of God the worse damage was a broken prop. I think......
After I shut off the controller and extender I tried turning off the battery. It wouldn't turn off. I started wondering if there is a sequence here? Quick push, then hold it, just hold it (the red button) I finally just yanked it out. Hope I didn't damage any electronics..
Looking back at the countless videos I've watched I realized I forgot to go to the settings function on my I phone to connect it to the drone. So it's not automatic after opening the DJI app correct?
All green in the back means I'm GPS calibrated, doesn't that also mean flight stabilization? I'm not sure I had that in the back yard, but my yard isn't that big.
Today looks like its going to be pretty nice so I'm going back out again. This time to the field. I have a few more batteries. Fly up, fly down. Fly left, fly right.
Report /questions to follow.
Thanks for any input...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT