First Flight!! :-D

Reaction score
Took a little trip out to the country where my uncle lives today and was a bit weary about making my first flight there because of the 14 dogs they have on property but once we got there and I put the propellers on I knew, this was going to happen.

I had done all the calibrations, IMU, Camera, Remote and the batteries were full, beautiful day, nothing stopping me. So I took it outside and started the Remote, then my Pilot App, then the P3A. Everything came up fine. I decided to use the auto take off feature and it raised to 4' and hovered with no issues. Dogs all were fine, no problems at all. (didn't realize until later that I completely forgot to calibrate the compass in my excitement)... :-/ Didn't seem to bother it.

I flew it around with Beginner Mode turned on but I can tell you that lasted all of about 2 minutes and beginner mode was disabled. Flew it around their small lake area and the house (video to come soon) and decided to take it up to 400'. No problems whatsoever. This thing is AMAZING!

It was fairly windy but by watching the P3A you couldn't tell it at all. After flying around for a bit at 400', which was a bit daunting to me for a first run, I decided to try the come home button. It worked! It flew right back about 400' above me and slowly decended until it landed about 5' from where it took off and turned off the engines once landed. Perfect!

Flew it around some more just getting used to speed, turning, camera angles and stuff. On the second battery I decided to take it out and flew around the property. Had it about 150' and at one point about 2000' away. Again, no problems at all. I did try to calibrate the compass on the second battery but realized I totally forgot how to do it. Will on the next flight but for now I'm one happy dude!!

Best purchase ever! Can't wait to take it on more flights. Now.. How do I find the flight data?

Haven't been able to figure out how to find that info yet. Nothing on the root of the SD card tells me. I have found the hidden files but not how to tell the version of firmware. Still looking.

Haven't been able to figure out how to find that info yet. Nothing on the root of the SD card tells me. I have found the hidden files but not how to tell the version of firmware. Still looking.
Should be on the load screen when you start app connected to phantom... Mine says "updated needed".. And then the firmware 1.1.9.. Aka I am not doing 1.2.6 and wanted to tell you to not do the same if you have 1.1.9

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And forgot to say, please do the compass calibration at least once at each new spot you fly. Might work fine 99/100, but not worth it. Don't want you crashin the new bird! Good luck! Enjoy it.

Reactions: Dronebow
Nice 1st video. I would only caution you to be careful when standing on a porch under a metal roof. At the right angle it might effect your signal to the P3. Good Job.

Nice video. And a great place you live. No other houses for miles :eek:

Stay away from all metal when calibrating,when P3 is warming up and home point is being set. You can have problems once airborne!

Should be on the load screen when you start app connected to phantom... Mine says "updated needed".. And then the firmware 1.1.9.. Aka I am not doing 1.2.6 and wanted to tell you to not do the same if you have 1.1.9

Current firmware version for the Advanced is 1.2.8. I upgraded to it when I got my Phantom and have yet to have any problems.

Nice 1st video. I would only caution you to be careful when standing on a porch under a metal roof. At the right angle it might effect your signal to the P3. Good Job.
It did at one point. I caught it when it said signal lost and quickly stepped out from under the metal roof. Lesson learned...

Reactions: Morphious
Ok not very impressed with Director or maybe I'm missing something. I have to create moments in 10 second intervals for a whole video and then assemble it back into the whole video?? There has to be a better way...

Congrats! It's nice to hear these success stories. They just keep making it better and better.

There's a fair bit of drift in your Phantom, likely do to neglecting your initial compass calibration.
Really? Hmm it seemed rock solid to me. I'll look over the footage again. It was windy but you couldn't tell with the drone.

I'm using my iPhone 6 for the display so I am wondering if the smaller screen squishes out the firmware version. It's simply not listed there when it shows the warning about upgrading. So I'm wondering if it would show up on a larger display.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31