FIrst day out with my Phantom 3

Reaction score
After returning my Parrot BeBop for a refund (even though I was a total newbie I pretty soon figured out the BeBop is crap) I got a P3S. Man this thing is such fun! I'm still at the stage where I won't let it out of sight and being very careful with it but I'm blown away by the videos I've already taken. When I get used to camera settings and flying it properly it'll be fantastic.
A note on the BeBop ..... if it had been £100 I'd have been happy but compared to the Phantom it is absolutely a toy. It's easier to use straight from the box but there isn't a single thing that it does as well as the Phantom.
The one I bought had the skycontroller included ...... there's no way that thing needs to be that big and heavy .... but the barometer was faulty, the GPS was iffy and two out of the four batteries were junk - right from new.
Sure, the Phantom is more expensive but I'd rather pay £450 on something I love than £300 on a piece of sh1t.
Happy days

Reactions: Pharm
I bought an AR Parrot when they first came out. I attached a GoPro to it. Compared to a Phantom, it was indeed just a toy. It was controlled by the wifi on my phone. One day, a few months ago, I took it out to fly it (without the GoPro). It lost contact and moved slowly away over the trees. With an approximate battery life of about seven minutes, it couldn't have gone far but I didn't bother to look for it. I told the neighbor if he found it to let me know and I'd come over and put it in the trash can for him. :)

Reactions: Davey Crocket
I'm actually not just here to slag off the BeBop, I really think it would be great if it was £100.
I did find an easy mod online to sort the dodgy barometer but should I really need to be modding something that's only 2 days old? And not a mod to improve it but just to get it to work in the first place. TBH I'm glad it was faulty as it gave me a great reason to get a refund and I'm really, really happy with the DJI
I'm especially happy with the flight times ..... while learning to fly it I'm landing and taking off frequently and doing a lot of altitude tests and stuff and the other day I got twenty three minutes total flight time over eight flights and still had 18% battery ..... I'm happy with that.

Nice work, just flown mine for the first time today as well. Good weather in the uk for once

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus