First crash....prop failure?

Take a look please....I see at 22700 my motor is told to go to 10k rpm?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46727947/FLY479.csv
I looked at the propulsion incident in this flight. There is some evidence to suggest that the cause is an acceleration event (i.e., the P3 hit something). But, IMHO, this evidence is weak and somewhat ambiguous. More compelling is that the propulsion incident occurred in the middle of the road, not near anything to collide with.
upload_2016-7-26_6-47-7.png

This is the location of the P3 when the propulsion incident started

upload_2016-7-26_6-48-57.png

upload_2016-7-26_6-49-20.png

Leading up to this throttle had been added. In response the motor data shows a rise in commanded, load and speed. At 22.6003 commanded is maxed out indicating a propulsion issue.

This propulsion incident is unusual in that motor speed isn't maxed out and motor load isn't reduced. Either the motor is obstructed or the prop was only partially gone.
upload_2016-7-26_7-26-6.png

Throughout the propulsion incident there was oscillating accelerations along all three axes. I'm going to speculate that the acceleration event at the very beginning of the propulsion incident was part of this.

At my suggestion the OP provided the .csv instead of the .DAT. By default DatCon creates the .csv at 30 Hz. But, this is one of those times where 200 Hz might be helpful. If the OP could provide the .DAT we could take a closer look.

Good info, I will try to get the dat file later today. I am not in the best network area right now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl