First Crash (Could’ve Been Worse)

Reaction score
Hello all,

I don’t post much on here, but trust me when I say, I’m always reading.

Anyway, I wanted to show my friends who came in from outta town what My Phantom 4 Adv was about.

When taking off, a wire from the pole to my neighbors house (which I’m always aware of but the little ankle biter dog from up the road had my attention not on where I was taking off. I got 10 feet off the ground and hit the wire, which caused me to tumble to ground.

The only visible damage is to the landing gear, the camera lens protector and to the gimbal itself as you can see from the pictures. One of the motors is making a noise as well until I calibrate it. But after a few minutes or a restart, it turns around 25-30 degrees. It’s also apparent the roll arm is bent, somewhat.

The camera and controls still works. The aircraft still flys. It’s amazing to me that the blades didn’t break. I’ve don’t a complete visual inspection and what I’ve listed is the only things I can see.

I’m a disabled veteran with 15 years in the US Coast Guard as an Electronics Technician, and currently repair cell phones in my spare time, so I’m pretty confident I can repair this myself, given the right parts, schematics/drawings or demonstration videos... along with any advice and feedback from you fine people.

Can anyone give me the best place to buy parts (or if they have any spares around, send me a PM with price). I already have a spare set of landing gear. I’m looking to buy all three motors (even if only one is damaged, it’ll be fine to have the others around as spares) and the yaw arm.

Thank you in advance for your help and positive critic.
IMG_0223.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg
IMG_0225.jpg
IMG_0226.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0228.jpg

Of the last 2 pics, the first is turned counter clockwise as far as it would turn without force. The 2nd is clockwise as far without force, which it is turning an extra 10-15 degrees more than counterclockwise

Yip hope that drone get well soon,you say motor make a noise,does it spin free by hand,bit hard to see but the shell not rubbing on it is it or does it feel not right when turning it,,another thing which I can't tell because picture not side on is it a p4 or p4p ,just ask that cause the vents on body look different than p4 shell vents,should have some nesh there,,and on the props I would replace,to hard to see hairline fractures,,it's just a piece of mind thing

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31