First attempt at editing video

1st suggestion: 4K :)

- I personally don't like it when I can see my drone's shadow in my shots. I think one has to know what to look for to spot it, but I toss out footage or block it out with words.

^ I don't think it's a big deal though. I might have only seen it once in your video.

Nice video

I think it's a very smooth video footage. Very quality than the one I had done.

I have just downloaded Da Vinci 12.5 as the software I intend to use. I have been using Photoshop since it came out, to edit my still photography. I find that Videography is a whole new ballgame, from planning the shoot right through to editing, I can see it will be a rather steep learning curve for me. I think you have done well with the Cement Factory footage.

I have just downloaded Da Vinci 12.5 as the software I intend to use. I have been using Photoshop since it came out, to edit my still photography. I find that Videography is a whole new ballgame, from planning the shoot right through to editing, I can see it will be a rather steep learning curve for me. I think you have done well with the Cement Factory footage.
LOL I'm in the same boat I use LR and that's a walk in the park compared to editing video..

Reactions: PastaCore
Your shots should be around 3-5 seconds. Your's were around 35 seconds. I'd say 3 - 4 shots of the same thing. As such, this video should be around 20 seconds long. Video's should tell a story. If you wanted to make a video such as this perhaps keep popping up text on the screen talking about this location. The footage could then be something in the background.

Nice photography but I got bored after the first 30 seconds. I have to agree with tcope here. Sorry.

Try filming something that is moving together with some ground shots for a filler occasionally and shots should be about 7 -10 secs max when filming one subject in my view.

Last edited:
Nice photography but I got bored after the first 30 seconds. I have to agree with tcope here. Sorry.

Try filming something that is moving together with some ground shots for a filler occasionally and shots should be about 7 -10 secs max when filming one subject in my view.
no need for apologies. I appreciate the honest feedback. I was just trying to get my toes wet in taking videos anyways so any little thing can help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav