Firmware upgrade causing jello?

Reaction score
Question for the guru's out there...

Done about 30 flights with my Phantom 2 with Zenmuse 3D gimbal and Gopro 3+ here in South Africa. We have a pretty big (18 deg) magnetic deviation and my quad has been suffering from really bad toilet bowl effect and j-hooking badly in flight. That having been said the footage has been butter smooth with not even the smallest trace of jello effect. So last week I upgraded to the 3.06 firmware and amazingly the toilet bowl and j-hooking is completely gone, it's like a completely different machine, one that actually goes where I want it to. However reviewing the footage shot this weekend, all of it has fairly bad jello effect which is a first. No prop damage, nothing changed since the last time except the firmware upgrade, which begs the question could this be causing the jello? Will buy new props and see if that solves the issue in the mean time but any advice would be much appreciated.

P.S. Stuck out here at the bottom of the African continent I cannot just pop into a shop and get a prop balancer and a balancing rod, likewise for getting hold of an ND filter so those will have to wait a few weeks until I can get them shipped out here.

Regards
Jean.

Hummm...gain settings were the first thing that popped into my head, too....although I have never changed mine and know nothing about setting them or how they relate to the stability of the quad. This is another area of the Phantom I need to learn about...I've only read where others have changed them to stabilize their quad.

Wow, I have been noticing jello as well, since I upgraded my firmware. I thought it might be the gimbal extension mount I installed. I will check into the gain thing. Thanks guys!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31