Firmware update 3/26/14

I was able to get a copy of 1.8 (mac)

I must be stupid !!

when i run 1.8 it says SW mismatch ( as I have 2. installed - I don't log on to DJI for update as that will just give me 2. again ?

I cant see ( in 1.8 ) how to upload/write to phantom ? How do i do it ?

Pls help

extrememc said:
richienotyetrich said:
Hi Guys,

I updated the firmware but no luck. The p2 started acting weird. There are sudden (and quite bad) YAW movements which ruins my shots. There was no problem before.
Here is the issue: (and I did not use any of the yaw directions)

And on the top of this case, the throttle sometimes doesn't reacts immediately, few ms delays.
Any ideas Guys how to solve this problem?

I have had some issue after up date from yaw and drift as well. As of yesterday's flight I think my problem has cleared you. Here's what I done. I advanced calibrated the IMU which control flight orientation. I done this on the floor of my garage and done it more than once. I noted the value to see if there was a change. It was small but I believe enough to help. I also calibrated my sticks. What I find is after initial left off (GPS mode) if you let the craft hover and lock in to the GPS column it will stabilize. I notice that in GPS mode it tend to drift I assume to find the gps point. I think this can be the characteristic of the craft at times. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOW! Thanks! I'm going to try this today on an open field with no interference, to avoid any disturbing factor. Really hope this helps. Fingers crossed... :)

extrememc said:
richienotyetrich said:
Hi Guys,

I updated the firmware but no luck. The p2 started acting weird. There are sudden (and quite bad) YAW movements which ruins my shots. There was no problem before.
Here is the issue: (and I did not use any of the yaw directions)

And on the top of this case, the throttle sometimes doesn't reacts immediately, few ms delays.
Any ideas Guys how to solve this problem?

I have had some issue after up date from yaw and drift as well. As of yesterday's flight I think my problem has cleared you. Here's what I done. I advanced calibrated the IMU which control flight orientation. I done this on the floor of my garage and done it more than once. I noted the value to see if there was a change. It was small but I believe enough to help. I also calibrated my sticks. What I find is after initial left off (GPS mode) if you let the craft hover and lock in to the GPS column it will stabilize. I notice that in GPS mode it tend to drift I assume to find the gps point. I think this can be the characteristic of the craft at times. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:(( No luck. Here is the ultimate YAW test. I didn't do anything, only pushed the left stick (YAW) a bit of right and then left.
http://youtu.be/uF_F3QJK5lA

Should I take it back to the store?

stevet said:
hmmm.. I just updated to 2.0 as well and had it set to gps mode, it found all satellites and set the home position.. but when i lifted off and let it try to just sit idle it started to fly backwards (towards me) and had a mind of its own :/

anyone else seeing this?
Have you adjusted the gains in 1.8 ? if so they have been neutralised do any adjustment made is now going the other waY?

I'll just leave this here...

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11698

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

When the safety circle/altitude is activated does it only work when using ground station?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fink said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebXsTUtUwlA

There is A LOT in that video that has not been explained in the release notes or anywhere else?!?!? :shock:

(expressing my shock in multiple threads. I think this warrants it!)

ianwood said:
There is A LOT in that video that has not been explained in the release notes or anywhere else?!?!? :shock:

(expressing my shock in multiple threads. I think this warrants it!)

Pretty insane, right?? Hell...as long as 1.8 and the associated firmware works with the PC Ground Station when I spring for it in the next month or two, I have zero motivation to update right now. Fingers and toes crossed that my P2 continues to work as well as it is right now.

I get being safe when flying, and we're all going to need to become more publicly safety aware with how heavily the FAA is going to be breathing down our necks in the coming year(s), but I mean...come on. At least publish this stuff ahead of releasing your firmware updates so those that don't know better than to update immediately aren't stuck with either a quad they no longer want to fly due to the restrictions or a quad that they can't fly because of mismatched firmware, due to poorly communicated/released firmware/software updates.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

OK. Here's what I think is in that video. First, all flight modes are impacted. Not just Ground Station or GPS! Unplugging the GPS will limit you to 394ft (120m).

Flight limitations system:
  • Prevents Phantom from flying in restricted areas.
  • In effect when there is sufficient GPS signal, mode independent.
  • Cat A = Class B airports, 1.5 mile (2km) no fly zone, 5 mile (8km) safety zone, ceiling imposed at 35ft increasing to 400ft AGL.
  • Cat B = Class C airports, 0.6 mile (1km) no fly zone.
  • 0.6 m (1km) warning zone around restricted areas for Ground Station and Phantom Vision.
  • No Ground Station waypoints within 5 miles (8km) from the center of any restricted area.
  • If GPS position is above ceiling in safety zone, Phantom will descend to maintain ceiling.
  • If GPS position is within no fly zone (e.g. acquiring signal after flying into it):
    • Phantom will auto land.
    • You can still control flight but you cannot climb.
Safety cone:
  • Default of 1,300ft (400m) AGL, and 1 mile (1.6km) lateral distance.
  • User adjustable (can someone confirm these are pretty much unlimited?).
  • Ceiling of 394ft (120m) AGL imposed on flight without GPS signal.
It would be much much better if we didn't have to discover this ourselves in a video a week after the firmware is released. This is pretty fundamental product management. DJI, let's get the release notes and documentation updated. it would also be important to set some expectations up front so we don't get sideswiped by these new rules. What does DJI intend to impose in the future beyond class B and C airports. Does the non-Phantom Naza have the same restrictions?

What scares me about this new feature is that IF you stray into the "restricted" area, the Phantom will just land itself. Great-where is it??? Just assume someone doesn't have FPV/GS/Tracker...they're going to be outta luck.
And, just how are they going to demonstrate the P2, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, this week?? They're within a "restricted area" of KLAS airport.

I think anytime a manufacturer starts limiting where, and at what altitude you can fly your Phantom-you've already lost the battle.

They are relying on AC 91.-56, which is something like 25+ years old!!!
Why do I need the manufacturer to set the limits?? I see this as a big giant Red Flag...for me anyways.

This it not going to go over well at all. What if I have a commercial shoot at the end of LAX-you know, there the "abandoned city" is?
I won't even be able to take off!!! And, there's plenty of other examples.......it should be left to the "pilot" to decide. You can safely fly in that airspace without any issues whatsoever, IF, you know what you are doing.

OH, and I just put my pre-order of my Phantom 2+H3-3D on hold!!!

ianwood said:
OK. Here's what I think is in that video. First, all flight modes are impacted. Not just Ground Station or GPS! Unplugging the GPS will limit you to 394ft (120m).

Flight limitations system:
  • Prevents Phantom from flying in restricted areas.
  • In effect when there is sufficient GPS signal, mode independent.
  • Cat A = Class B airports, 1.5 mile (2km) no fly zone, 5 mile (8km) safety zone, ceiling imposed at 35ft increasing to 400ft AGL.
  • Cat B = Class C airports, 0.6 mile (1km) no fly zone.
  • 0.6 m (1km) warning zone around restricted areas for Ground Station and Phantom Vision.
  • No Ground Station waypoints within 5 miles (8km) from the center of any restricted area.
  • If GPS position is above ceiling in safety zone, Phantom will descend to maintain ceiling.
  • If GPS position is within no fly zone (e.g. acquiring signal after flying into it):
    • Phantom will auto land.
    • You can still control flight but you cannot climb.
Safety cone:
  • Default of 1,300ft (400m) AGL, and 1 mile (1.6km) lateral distance.
  • User adjustable (can someone confirm these are pretty much unlimited?).
  • Ceiling of 394ft (120m) AGL imposed on flight without GPS signal.
It would be much much better if we didn't have to discover this ourselves in a video a week after the firmware is released. This is pretty fundamental product management. DJI, let's get the release notes and documentation updated. it would also be important to set some expectations up front so we don't get sideswiped by these new rules. What does DJI intend to impose in the future beyond class B and C airports. Does the non-Phantom Naza have the same restrictions?

Are you thinking that all of those safeguards are built into v2.0 and they just didn't tell us? My presumption was that these were the updates made to v3.0, thus the sudden/rapid fire updates. Just thinking aloud.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Well, yeah. It appears that way. I thought the version 3.0 stuff was just another mistake with their version control but it appears it's legit. Version 2.00 lasted all of week! That's very odd. Every time you put a version out into the wild, you have to support it as there will always be someone who updated to 2.00 but then never updated to 3.00. Very strange.

ianwood said:
Well, yeah. It appears that way. I thought the version 3.0 stuff was just another mistake with their version control but it appears it's legit. Version 2.00 lasted all of week! That's very odd. Every time you put a version out into the wild, you have to support it as there will always be someone who updated to 2.00 but then never updated to 3.00. Very strange.
What happens if you get a Phantom 2 with version 2.00, and don't update to 3.00?? I've not gone to the update page to read all the things they updated.

Just upgraded to the newest firmware 3.0 all im getting now is a firmware miss match and un able to use software 2.0 this sucks dji suck thinking about sending theis back and getting my money back this should no way be this expensive at all £100 max

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
Just upgraded to the newest firmware 3.0 all im getting now is a firmware miss match and un able to use software 2.0 this sucks dji suck thinking about sending theis back and getting my money back this should no way be this expensive at all £100 max
So, what you are saying is-you "bricked" your Phantom 2?!!!

Is there a way we can downgrade from V3.0?
Can we use Assist V2.0 to get the V2.0 firmware?

I am getting pretty fed up with this and probably will just buy a NAZA V2 (without all the smart battery and flight restrictions) and just make myself a Phantom V2.5

why not get the 3.0 assist out today and un-brick. LOL. I'm with you. I want to custom build a quad now. LOL

RUSHNREADY DJI said:

You need to use new 3.0 assistant. I haved problems too untill I updated my Phantom 2 with assistant 3.0.

havasuphoto said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
So, what you are saying is-you "bricked" your Phantom 2?!!!

I wouldn't blame him for that. When you plug a device in to get a firmware update and the manufacturer's firmware process fails, then it's not him that bricked it, it's the manufacturer.

FYI I have the same issue, I can't navigate to any page in the assistant software because of a 'firmware mismatch', but I can still fly my P2 just fine

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl