P3 Firmware firmware/software

Reaction score
Question:

Does anyone know of a place to get software/firmware lists. And, one that shows which version goes with which update. And, do you know if it is necessary to have the right match up.

I know you need the entire series of updates when you "backload) the software (I have most of them). But, I'm not sure which can go with what App update and the like..

Also, while I have your attention, there are only 3 areas (?) where I need to know the version: DJI Go app, RC, and the Drone itself? Where do I go to locate each version number on each item?

Thanks

Question:

Does anyone know of a place to get software/firmware lists. And, one that shows which version goes with which update. And, do you know if it is necessary to have the right match up.

I know you need the entire series of updates when you "backload) the software (I have most of them). But, I'm not sure which can go with what App update and the like..

Also, while I have your attention, there are only 3 areas (?) where I need to know the version: DJI Go app, RC, and the Drone itself? Where do I go to locate each version number on each item?

Thanks
Nobody I know yet has put together a chart of which versions work with others. It would take a lot of time to put that together testing all combinations. What are you trying to accomplish? Which quad do you have? Which FW versions are you running?
Yes, it is 3 areas... Aircraft, RC, and Go.

Here's a list of flight controller firmware versions:
Firmware m0306 · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools Wiki · GitHub

Here's a list of RC main controller firmware versions:
Firmware m1400 · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools Wiki · GitHub

Match two with the nearest timestamp, and they will work together.

I'm not sure which can go with what App update and the like..

For the Go app - you'd have to also get timestamps of its versions.

there are only 3 areas (?) where I need to know the version: DJI Go app, RC, and the Drone itself?

Yes. Each of the mXXYY modules is a part of either aircraft or RC firmware package, plus there's the app.

Where do I go to locate each version number on each item?

If you don't believe FW versions in file names, grab phantom-firmware-tools and extract the firmware. the '*_head.ini' file will contain version number and timestamp of the firmware package.
For the Go app - there are probably some Java tools; I never cared for that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl