Firmware and top speed

Reaction score
Usually, at some point during a flight, I put the pedal to the metal to see what top speed I can get. It's usually around 25 mph, plus or minus a couple. Today, first time out with the latest firmware, 11th flight since new, I got 39! Strictly GPS, no ATTI yet. Wind negligible.

I wondered if this might be a hidden secret feature of the latest firmware?

Usually, at some point during a flight, I put the pedal to the metal to see what top speed I can get. It's usually around 25 mph, plus or minus a couple. Today, first time out with the latest firmware, 11th flight since new, I got 39! Strictly GPS, no ATTI yet. Wind negligible.

I wondered if this might be a hidden secret feature of the latest firmware?

My top speed is just over 40mph but on the way back I could only reach around 22mph so obviously wind played a big factor. What sort of speed did you manage on the way back.

before the most recent firmwhere ruined mine.. my top speed with no wind was 35mph.. Downwind at the beach one-time my old P2 hit close to 60

You can get more speed in the manual mode.... But be careful!!!!!

Before you attempt speed flight and while the quad is hovering(preferably 100+ft over head) switch from "P" to "A" on the controller and take notice the direction the quad is then drifting. Once you have the direction locked into your mind, switch back to "P" and go to the area you want to perform your flight based on the direction of drift.

For your fastest flight, switch to "A" and hold forward Stick in top position. Keep it there until you see the mph begin to drop down in speed. I can tell you from experience with the P3P it reaches it's top speed in the 1st 250ft or less. Should the speed climb beyond that point it would be due to a gust of tail wind.

Btw, wind gust generally coming from a different direction then the common wind direction for that day. Example; I can have constant wind coming from the south. But when a larger gust of wind comes along it will be from southwest or the west. Storms will cause gust from it's direction of travel. Others will have their opinion on what the wind is like in their area as well..

The wind was negligible, just a few odd random gusts. I floored it for a while, stopped, and then, without turning, came back in reverse at full speed. The log showed very little speed difference each way.
I haven't used atti yet with my P3P. Maybe I'll pluck up the courage at the weekend.

Perhaps Royva could explain how to get into the apparently secret hidden manual mode?

The wind was negligible, just a few odd random gusts. I floored it for a while, stopped, and then, without turning, came back in reverse at full speed. The log showed very little speed difference each way.
I haven't used atti yet with my P3P. Maybe I'll pluck up the courage at the weekend.

Perhaps Royva could explain how to get into the apparently secret hidden manual mode?
Secret hidden manual mode???
Just move the left switch to it's center position, that's ATTI (manual mode).
It might be secret because you have to "enable multiple flight mode" in the advanced options of the aircraft to make it work.
That's the only manual mode I'm aware of.

ATTI is not manual. There is not as yet access to full manual on the P3. Future firmware releases may give us access, who knows.

This page explains the 3 modes as implemented on the NAZA M FCS, which I use on my F550: GPS, ATTI and manual: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M_Control_Mode_Switch

I've hit 51mph but on the return could only do 7mph lol thought I was going to have to land it but dipped altitude to get out of the air stream return at 17mph... Kansas winds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers