Firmware 1.7 P3A

Reaction score
So.... When updating the P3A to the latest firmware i should see 1.6.4+ on the remote??? When i try and reload it's telling me the firmware on the phantom is identical to the firmware on the bird...

That's just what it does. The update took fine. It takes the "about" screen in the app a while (or a few reboots?) before the display completely updates to the current version numbers. No idea why...

Reactions: Wingfan04
Thanks. For whatever reason i didn't get the normal update complete tones this time. Now mind you it blinked green/red for a good 10-15 mins and then i got a solid red light on the gimbal. So i turned it off tried the update process again. It blinked red/green for a very short time and then solid green when checking update file on the SD card i got the "Firmware is identical to the current version" Everything seems to be working normally as far as the bird is concerned.

I'm having troubles with my update please HELP! I update Rc than it will say it's complete but still says old firmware then makes me update again. HELP I'm in Folsom ca.

I'm having troubles with my update please HELP! I update Rc than it will say it's complete but still says old firmware then makes me update again. HELP I'm in Folsom ca.

I had the same problem. After researching this forum and about two weeks of trying, I finally found this information from another older thread. But, the thing is... I did this procedure about 5 times with various other tries. It kept saying retry, I did many times. And mysteriously, it finally worked and updated properly. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. But, try this procedure many times with as many variations you think will work. Good luck. See below.

Procedure:
Press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app again.
Reset_P3_RC.jpg

Thank you I will try this tomorrow and let you know how it goes thank you. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31