Firmware 1.5, drifting issue, no signal issue

I use the lowest, 4mb. Looks perfectly fine on my air2 and more importantly, I believe it may be about the biggest reason all video glitches have disappeared for me. That, and turning off video caching.
I notice a minimal loss of resolution on my video feed on my iPad mini 2 wifi iOS 8.4.1when flying using the lower 4MB vs the 6MB. In brighter sun I'll switch to the higher 6MB to give me more resolution & clarity.

With the loss of video feed, you will also see "no signal", so there is some confusion. Keep in mind, there are several of us that have the loss of video feed "no signal" issue and it is different. We're not able to establish a video feed at all, where as others have an intermittent video feed. So far, 1.5.3 did not correct this issue for me, but I'm hoping the controller update will. I'll update my findings in a couple of days when I return from being out of town and can get in front of my phantom 3.

With the loss of video feed, you will also see "no signal", so there is some confusion. Keep in mind, there are several of us that have the loss of video feed "no signal" issue and it is different. We're not able to establish a video feed at all, where as others have an intermittent video feed. So far, 1.5.3 did not correct this issue for me, but I'm hoping the controller update will. I'll update my findings in a couple of days when I return from being out of town and can get in front of my phantom 3.
I see. What device & software are you using. iOS version?

To correct some obvious misinformation in this thread. The Red "NO SIGNAL" warning IS just advising you that the remote has lost contact with the VIDEO feed. You still will have the ability to fly the Phantom with the Remote. You will also see that you retain all other telemetry on the app. It will tell you distance, altitude and the 'Radar" and "Map" still works fine.
If you lose complete contact between the Remote and the Phantom the center section will indicate "CONNECTION LOST"

To correct some obvious misinformation in this thread. The Red "NO SIGNAL" warning IS just advising you that the remote has lost contact with the VIDEO feed. You still will have the ability to fly the Phantom with the Remote. You will also see that you retain all other telemetry on the app. It will tell you distance, altitude and the 'Radar" and "Map" still works fine.
If you lose complete contact between the Remote and the Phantom the center section will indicate "CONNECTION LOST"
Yes, my error on that & thank you for the correction. However it's now even more perplexing to me because I received that "No Signal" warning and had clear and vivid video with constant video with NO loss or intermittent video either. However, after downgrading my iPad 2 mini wifi back to iOS 8.4.1 from iOS 9.0 I haven't seen that warning again. (Knock on wood.)

Only thing I noticed since upgrading was
1. a little drifting
2. I noticed that if hovering, it seems to rotate very slowly (I mean very slowly) in a clockwise direction. I did calibrate, IMU, gimbal, and everything I could calibrate possible. Not that I cant live with it but it was noticible

Only thing I noticed since upgrading was
1. a little drifting
2. I noticed that if hovering, it seems to rotate very slowly (I mean very slowly) in a clockwise direction. I did calibrate, IMU, gimbal, and everything I could calibrate possible. Not that I cant live with it but it was noticible
Check under no wind or absolute still conditions. If you still find drifting, it's then related to RC calibration.

Still getting drifting on latest FW update. No drifting using Autopilot App. During same time frame/ conditions. Any thoughts?????

I didn't get into this thread when it started cause I was beta testing the next fw release at the time. And as I remember the drifting was the biggest area of concern. At the time of testing I was not much good because my Nexus 7 2013 version had video reception and lag issues after loading the beta software. In the past the admins were good at helping out with such issues, but this go around consisted of very little support. I came to realize that the app had now out grown my tablet. The admin did let me know that tablets with under 2.0 processor speed and ram will have issues. That was all I needed to know and I went and bought 2 new tablets. I got a ipad mini 2 just for the reason to be able to download apps I liked but only created in the ios format. Next I bought the Nvidia K1 to replace my Nexus 7. Prior to the Nvidia, I had tried everything possible to get the Nexus to work as it needed to. I even had the 32 channel mod installed and setup which help in the past but not on the 1.5.3 fw.

So as I said I had broken up video as in bad reception, just under 1 second lag, the Yaw response was poor as in too fast and going past the stopping point, and a drift issue. Btw, the Yaw and Drift shows up exactly the same for me in the simulator.

I installed all the most recent updates and loaded the 2.4.2 GO app on the Nvidia and there were NO problems whatsoever. The drift was gone, no video issue, and the Yaw was better.

On the ios version not only was there no issues, but that version flies so much nicer then the android. And this is coming from a android person all the way. If you ever want to know how the P3 is suppose to fly, then check out a ios setup sometime. I'm now glad I have the ability to go with either format.

It seems to still work fine on my 2013 Nexus 7, however it doesn't have anything else much on it but DJI app.
I am noticing when you Yaw it carries on too far then goes back to where it should have stopped (kind of sheepishly...) This seems to have only started the past two firmwares or at least I didn't notice it before.

I've had trouble getting any flight time between bad weather and work, so I tried it at really low altitude -10' off the deck - and it drifted a bit, but not as bad as the last FW; then I tried the autopilot app and it was rock solid. That app, however, just makes me feel a little hesitant a) because it appears far more complex than the GO App and b) it just it's not OEM. BTW -Attached is a screen shot I was getting before I had a forced landing after a critical low power incident. It shows quite a bit of the drift before going Blackhawk down. .
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449970422.352324.jpg

I have 2 phantom pro upgraded them both to 1.5.3 , before they were perfect now they both craps! No signal all the time, even when bird is on the ground, it's also not loading satellites properly, and a new one critical voltage! Never had any of this before. I'm sad to say that dji products are to unreliable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20