P3 FIRMWARE HISTORY, The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Reaction score
The DJI process improvement track has been panning out to be a bit of give and a lot of take. The P4 thread seems to add weight to certain facts and fictions.

I'm a little bit lost with the chronology of developments of the past couple of months. It just goes to show how fast and frequent these firmware and software updates are flowing. Evidently the agenda pressure goes beyond the products themselves.

I'm at 1.3-1.4. 2.4.3 of the app and RC 2.5. This is a stable and trouble free combination for me. I have not experienced any performance throttling issues or battery issues or drift issues or whatever now seems to be the issue of the month.

I don't have the time for experimentation. I just want want a reliable system that continues to deliver what it promised when I jumped on board. Nothing less. Please don't give me more of something small in exchange for losing something big, such as speed and range and geo-blocking.

I understand that DJI are supplying a fix/enhancement list now with each update. How accurate is the disclosure?

I would appreciate an updated firmware combination chronology from where I am at as to what is better and what is worse.

I believe FW 1.3, RC2.5 Go 2.4.3 is a great and stable baseline. Current P3 stock out of the box appears to be mostly at this level now. Please tell me the real world benefits/disadvantages of everything else that has come after this here:

Is the consensus still "DON'T UPDATE!"??

Last edited:
Reactions: Albert R.
I believe FW 1.3, RC2.5 Go 2.4.3 is a great and stable baseline. Current P3 stock out of the box appears to be mostly at this level now. Please tell me the real world benefits/disadvantages of everything else that has come after this here:

Is the consensus still "DON'T UPDATE!"??
There is no consensus .. you'll find people believing all sorts of things.
Quite a lot of things that get blamed on firmware are due to configuration issues and have nothing to do with firmware.
For what it's worth, version 1.4 is perfectly fine (like most versions) and the additional features it adds are significant and worth updating to.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl