Firmare and DJI... A good read...

Summary: everyone complains about VPS issues. DJI talks about completely unrelated FW issues that very few people had- except for the android app slowdown, to which they basically say "kill other apps/get faster device"

So, that means they don't acknowledge the VPS issue, right?

Reactions: Sammynels
Summary: everyone complains about VPS issues. DJI talks about completely unrelated FW issues that very few people had- except for the android app slowdown, to which they basically say "kill other apps/get faster device"

So, that means they don't acknowledge the VPS issue, right?

Agree... But some people seem to be getting very personal about it all. :(

What do you mean as "VPS Issues" ?

I'm uploading a video to YouTube right now showing how a ridiculous piece of junk my Phantom 3 Advanced has become. The "live" video feed lags up until 5 seconds (I put a timer running in front of the camera and it's easy to see the lag) and then it CRASHES the iPhone forcing a HARD RESET, you can't even quit the DJI Pilot app.

Is that what you talking about ? Anyone else having issues like mine ?

Not I. My Phantom 3 Pro' has run like a champ, since day one, when I had
brought her home. Even after the last update, it continues to fly straight and true, with a true even horizon, and no VPS faults. I must have gotten lucky, with my model. No problems ever, none. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Admittedly Ive only had 5 flights and not had problems yet. The VPS is turned off but like above it flies straight and the gimbal is level. I love my P3P !!

I read the post, but some people have reported unstable flight, and whilst hovering the P3 has risen or lowered with no user input but these have not been covered in the post which also seems strange

There are a lot to cover, so incremental is good.
It's a beginning not the end... ;-)
And an obvious huge improvement in the customer relations field.
At least they are trying to help, not ducking and hiding.
It's very admirable, and the respectful thing to do.

RedHotPoker

How do I do the hardware decoding thing on my droid tablet? And yeah.. What a bs article. Not worth my feedback.

With all the talk about FAA regulations and FAA approval for commercial usage, I'm amazed by the number of people who would recommend disabling features to try to get the P3Pro just to stay in the air.

Does anyone really think the average P3 would pass an FAA air worthiness inspection in it's current firmware state?

REALLY?...really?

With all the talk about FAA regulations and FAA approval for commercial usage, I'm amazed by the number of people who would recommend disabling features to try to get the P3Pro just to stay in the air.

Does anyone really think the average P3 would pass an FAA air worthiness inspection in it's current firmware state?

REALLY?...really?

The proposed regulation would not require an airworthiness inspection.

"this proposed rule would require, in § 107.21(b), that prior to each flight, the operator must inspect the small UAS to ensure that it is in a condition for safe operation. The operator could do this by, for example, performing a manufacturer recommended preflight inspection or performing an on-the-ground test of the small UAS to determine whether safety-critical systems and components are working properly. If, as a result of the inspection, the operator determines that the small UAS is no longer in a condition for safe operation, then proposed §§ 107.21(a) and 107.15(a) would prohibit the operation of the small UAS until the necessary maintenance has been made and the small UAS is once again in a condition for safe operation. First, proposed § 107.21(a) would require that the operator must maintain the small UAS in a condition for safe operation."

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol.../2120-AJ60_NPRM_2-15-2015_joint_signature.pdf

Anyone else having issues like mine ?

The only issues I am having are occasional Gimbal Overload and some erratic hovering. I have not used my iPhone but used my iPad Air and now Air 2 without app crashes. I can fly about 1500-2000ft in an urban setting which I consider pretty good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic