Finished my second feature film and...

Reaction score
after 6 days of filming, 48 miles on trails, 4 miles off trails, 1 first-aid kit exhausted, 3 liters of filtered river water, 7 hours of footage, 9 hours of editing, and here is the final video of the series... Colorado Summer Episode II. Enjoy!

Reactions: BA577
Gorgeous! Good job!

Amazing views and nice shots!

Just some remarks (you don't have to agree :) )
Personally I feel the shots and overall video is too long, it feels a bit dragged out and boring compared to what is a really impressive landscape.
I think by reducing the length of the shots to about 1/3 (and the total video length as well) you would get a much more interesting video that will remain interesting to watch for the full duration.
I started skipping bits and pieces after about 30 seconds.

Reactions: SweatpantsDroner
Amazing views and nice shots!

Just some remarks (you don't have to agree :) )
Personally I feel the shots and overall video is too long, it feels a bit dragged out and boring compared to what is a really impressive landscape.
I think by reducing the length of the shots to about 1/3 (and the total video length as well) you would get a much more interesting video that will remain interesting to watch for the full duration.
I started skipping bits and pieces after about 30 seconds.
Thanks for the feedback and insight!

That's great!! Where in Colorado is that?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Very nicely done. I do have some suggestions:

1) As stated the shots tend to "hang on" too long. I appreciate the beauty you're trying to capture and share but each shot should be a snapshot not a feature. Ideally you want to leave the viewer wanting just a bit more to keep their interest going

2) Great music choice but take the volume down a notch so that it doesn't over ride the grandeur of the video. I realize every computer has a volume control but if the viewer is thinking about and fooling with that they are missing your video.

Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing. Gorgeous area you captured.

Allen

Reactions: SweatpantsDroner
Very nicely done. I do have some suggestions:

1) As stated the shots tend to "hang on" too long. I appreciate the beauty you're trying to capture and share but each shot should be a snapshot not a feature. Ideally you want to leave the viewer wanting just a bit more to keep their interest going

2) Great music choice but take the volume down a notch so that it doesn't over ride the grandeur of the video. I realize every computer has a volume control but if the viewer is thinking about and fooling with that they are missing your video.

Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing. Gorgeous area you captured.

Allen
Great feedback Allen! Very thorough and well articulated. I'll definitely apply this in future projects.
-SD

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl