Finding and exporting CSV from Flight List

Reaction score
When I view the "Flight List" in the DJI Go app (on my iPad Air), and tap on a flight to open it, there is the familiar Apple icon of a box with an arrow pointing out of it that indicates I can share the file. When I tap that icon and open it, there is an option in the top-right of the screen to "Export CSV." When I tap that option a message is displayed that says, "Export Success - CSV file locates at: DJI GO:/Documents/ExportFlightRecords/ExportCSV_2016-09-12_[15-25-36].csv"
"That's great!!" -I think. But I am unable to find this folder on my iPad. I've been Googling unsuccessfully for some time trying to figure out how to locate the exported csv file. Anyone know?
Thanks!

You can't access folders directly on an iOS device.

To get the CSV flile........ Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes.

Choose your iPad in iTunes. Then click on 'Apps' on the left column - A list of installed apps will be displayed.

Scroll down to the bottom of all the icons. There will be a separate list of icons under "File Sharing". DJI Go will be there

Click on the DJI Go icon

On the right you will see a list of DJI Go files and folders appear

Click on the ExportFlightrecords folder

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page - On the right there will be two buttons (Add File and Save To)

Click on Save To. This will bring up a window giving you an option to choose where you want to save the iPad folder on your computer.

To make it easy, choose your Desktop

When the folder appears on your desktop, the CSV file will be in it.

Note that you will also find your regular flight records in the FlightRecords folder.

Reactions: Niggs
Hi jwt873 - Sorry for not responding sooner. Thanks very much for taking the time to help. Your instructions worked perfectly, and I have saved my exported flight records to my Windows PC.
Just in case anyone follows this thread, the "flight records" file that is exported is a .csv file that can be opened with any text editor or spreadsheet. It contains four pieces of information per record: a counter, latitude, longitude, and battery percent. There is one record for each (well, not sure exactly, but...) point in the flight, probably the endpoints of a single vector. And that's it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl