Finally exchanged that second P4 of mine

Hey, I've got the same symptom with OA enabled in P mode, it's dog slow, 13 to 15mph, so I typically disable OA. I've had it refuse stick commands to descend also. I had to switch to S mode to bring it down.

Lately I've developed a 40' yoyo effect, going up and down 40'with no stick command. I'm pretty sure my craft has gremlins. I gotta send it back for a tune up.

I never bought from a store like Apple where you can keep bringing it back so I guess I'm stuck. I did notice it was gaining some altitude on its own when I was flying sideways and it was doing erratic manuvers while Activetracking a subject as it said it was avoiding obstacles and there weren't any. Also, when flying at over 100 ft the VPS often shows that its engaged and it gives a number, don't know what that's about.

Only had a couple of flights with this new one as the weather has been to bad for more flights and testing.

Now that you mention it, my P4 VPS displays random measurements when it's greater than 40' high also. That's certainly a bug since it's not supposed to work higher than 30' AGL.

+\
Now that you mention it, my P4 VPS displays random measurements when it's greater than 40' high also. That's certainly a bug since it's not supposed to work higher than 30' AGL.

Seems like you and I have twin Phantoms.

Would recalibration of your dual IMU and Compass help resolve this issue? Seems like a simple fix, unless it will take just another firmware update to repair this anomaly. ;-)

I have lost count already. . .

RedHotPoker

I sold my Inspire 1, the Inspire 2 is coming out shortly,

The next Inspire is rumored to have dual batteries, and front and back obstacle avoidance sensors and possible a camera option of 360

Where are you hearing this, DJI forum?

As for a 360 camera, that would be a trick with lightbridge. Yuneec has their radio and antenna located inside their camera, which is why they can support a 360 camera on their H craft. Have you noticed how big the camera is compared to Phantom 4? This is also why the distance is limited in their H craft, it has a small antenna.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav