Finalized version of Fireworks shot+ Blog article about it

makneyse

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
First off, thank you to the forum members that aided in my fireworks discussion recently. I have since put the finishing touches on my day-to-night transition of all the (illegal) fireworks above Los Angeles, CA and plan on taking what I learned and getting an even better shot this year.

Here's the video:

And here's the blog where I talk about the planning that went into it:

Since I was doing both hyperlapse and video versions of the same route, which I flew sections of 5 times as the light was changing, I figure other drone operators can appreciate the logistics of what went into that night.

From the blog: "...each battery had a specific shot list and launch time."

Enjoy!

Interesting point! Yeah, when people complain about the fireworks, the police just throw their hands up and are like, "What do you want us to do about it?"
Thank you for the kudos. It was fun having this mission of coming up with an idea, doing test flights and camera tests, adjusting my plans and then in the edit finding out the other option worked out better!

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Interesting point! Yeah, when people complain about the fireworks, the police just throw their hands up and are like, "What do you want us to do about it?"
Thank you for the kudos. It was fun having this mission of coming up with an idea, doing test flights and camera tests, adjusting my plans and then in the edit finding out the other option worked out better!
Your open mind contributed to your skills and success of the video.

Reactions: makneyse
Yeh that's pretty cool,nice job,,can see they are very popular, our displays are good but sale of fireworks to public we seem to get all the fizzers to play with,nothing like they used to be
Great clip

Thanks for sharing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20