Fimware upgrade and battery life?

Reaction score
Hi guys, i was told from DJI that fly time with a single battery is about 23 min but i am getting about 17 or 18 max. Actually i am on firmware 1.1.9+ ( my phantom 3 pro comes like that).
So my question is, by upgrading firmware it is possible that i will get those 5 min extra? or are 2 Phantom 3 professional versions around with different motors or something ?

18 min is about the standard. The other is the reserve they count. We usually land with 20% still on the battery. I think DJI counts that as useable flying time. Not actual for us.

I would equate that to the gas tank on your car and the computer generated milage you have left. If you actually drove that milage you would be calling AAA to come get your butt. I think the same with the drones. If you flew it the actual time it sad you could, you better be hovering over a large pillow when it hits 0%

I do not know, if anyone is flying safely about 18 min then is ok, but if some are flying 23 is no, that 5 more minutes and for me it s a lot of time .... Nex time i fly i will check how low each cell it goes ...

I do not know, if anyone is flying safely about 18 min then is ok, but if some are flying 23 is no, that 5 more minutes and for me it s a lot of time .... Nex time i fly i will check how low each cell it goes ...
Spend some time here and ask around how many members fly their stock P3A/P3P for 23 minutes regularly. I bet fewer than a handful, more likely none.

I've only had my P3P for two weeks, flown it about 10 times. When the battery voltage starts dropping below 3.6 and turning yellow on my display, I start heading back in. And that normally equates to somewhere between 30%-40% battery life left. For the money I paid for this thing, I don't want to push my luck. I'm sure that will change sometime when I get to somewhere besides my 17 acre home property, but for now, I'm playing the safe side of the battery life.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl