filter adjustment or automatic?

Reaction score
hi guys,

i'm wondering that applying a filter is better than auto adjustment? or manual adjustment.

when it automatically adjust the photo it takes time and i thought if i apply a filter to manually adjust it will take less time.

what's your thoughts on this?

i have purchased a few filters to try and wondering if anyone has used it?

i'm normally planning to fly grid and trying to reduce flight time with filter and take clear photo if i can.

comments?

thanks!

i'm wondering that applying a filter is better than auto adjustment? or manual adjustment.
when it automatically adjust the photo it takes time and i thought if i apply a filter to manually adjust it will take less time.
what's your thoughts on this?

i have purchased a few filters to try and wondering if anyone has used it?
i'm normally planning to fly grid and trying to reduce flight time with filter and take clear photo if i can.
I'm a little unclear on what you are asking but ...
If you are shooting still images, there is no reason to use ND filters unless you have a particular reason to want to shoot at a slower shutter speed.
ND filters will not make your photos clearer or "better"

I'm a little unclear on what you are asking but ...
If you are shooting still images, there is no reason to use ND filters unless you have a particular reason to want to shoot at a slower shutter speed.
ND filters will not make your photos clearer or "better"

I'm trying to fly faster with better quality of photos. i normally fly auto grid because i need to collect data instead of take individual photos.

I'm just trying to find out is it worth to use filter when i fly grid with pix4d or DJI GS pro.

thanks!

I'm trying to fly faster with better quality of photos. i normally fly auto grid because i need to collect data instead of take individual photos.

I'm just trying to find out is it worth to use filter when i fly grid with pix4d or DJI GS pro.
Leave the filters off.
They won't help you fly faster or make the photos any better.
Quite the opposite.
When shooting for photogrammetry, you want a good fast shutter speed.
Forcing the camera to use a longer shutter speed is the opposite of what you need.

Flying higher would make the grid flight shorter (but the results would be less detailed).

Leave the filters off.
They won't help you fly faster or make the photos any better.
Quite the opposite.
When shooting for photogrammetry, you want a good fast shutter speed.
Forcing the camera to use a longer shutter speed is the opposite of what you need.

Flying higher would make the grid flight shorter (but the results would be less detailed).

thank you for your reply.

i'm trying to get little bit more clear photos so that i don't need to edit when i need to for ortho. nothing to fancy. because i changed picture trigger mode/drone speed to fastest so when it tries to take a photo quickly and move and photos are blurry. it's not that fast either because i can see it from the sky.....

when it's high altitude then i would change overlap to cover more....

thank you

thank you for your reply.

i'm trying to get little bit more clear photos so that i don't need to edit when i need to for ortho. nothing to fancy. because i changed picture trigger mode/drone speed to fastest so when it tries to take a photo quickly and move and photos are blurry. it's not that fast either because i can see it from the sky.....

when it's high altitude then i would change overlap to cover more....

thank you
No filters. Consider taking the little scratchy plastic lens protector off. At least look at it carefully. At best it does absolutely nothing except protect the lens from errant insects in flight. At worst it will lower contrast and create reflections.

If I am flying anywhere near the sun or into the sun, I take the protector off. I leave it on for transport or just buzzing around - never know about kamikaze bees.

i have not tested my filters yet but once i try will update... hopefully it makes the photo clear and better resolution.................. because that's the whole purpose of it. so i can reduce time to edit and take photos faster with better quality automatically.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing