Field charging with IMAX B6

Thanks! That sound like what I need to get. As mentioned before I have a phantom 4 instead of 3 but I am assuming this will work with those batteries also. Do I need to purchase a separate PSU??

Sorry ... DO NOT BUY THIS for P4 ... I believe P4 has different batterys ...

I am not sure if there is equivalent for P4 ....

I assumed that posting in the P3 Pro / Adv section that you asked with reference to a P3.

Nigel

Last edited:
I've been looking at Amazon and Hobby King and found one similar to this by Anbee just a lot more costly. I was actually in the P4 forum and noticed this question and somehow wound up with the P3 folks. Since you've had good experience with your brands I like sticking with something you recommend. Thanks again for all your help.

No problem .....

Only comment I can pass now is that some people recc'd the multi battery charger bases that use the DJI power brick as supply. Why I will never know. They are a total con and grossly overpriced. They sequential charge - that means they charge one battery - THEN the next and so on. Useless in my view.
The only worthwhile multi battery unit is one that simultaneously charges, but they cannot get enough power from a DJI brick. THEN you get an absolute benefit of not waiting to charge next battery. In fact a single DJI charger is better IMHO ... you can plug in next battery while flying with first and still wait the same time as the daft sequential unit !

There are various adaptors that can charge multiple batterys from a single LiPo charger ... or you easily make one yourself. There are various LiPo chargers that have multiple outlets that are individually programmable outputs.

DJI has a simple power brick system to charge, the P3A / P3P charger is about as high an Ampage you'd want to go to be safe and not push limits of the battery pack. The P3S charger is lower wattage and slow charging ... but still reasonable safe rate.
I don't know much about the P4 setup as I have no P4 at hand. I would assume similar ..

For the average DJI only flyer or anyone who just wants convenience - the car charger via Ciggy Socket of eBay for a few $ is well worth it and enough. My car charger cost about $5 and works a treat for my P3 batterys. I can even charge a battery while driving to flight site. (close by - so I can throw out of window if needed !!)

Nigel

No problem .....

Only comment I can pass now is that some people recc'd the multi battery charger bases that use the DJI power brick as supply. Why I will never know. They are a total con and grossly overpriced. They sequential charge - that means they charge one battery - THEN the next and so on. Useless in my view.
The only worthwhile multi battery unit is one that simultaneously charges, but they cannot get enough power from a DJI brick. THEN you get an absolute benefit of not waiting to charge next battery. In fact a single DJI charger is better IMHO ... you can plug in next battery while flying with first and still wait the same time as the daft sequential unit !

There are various adaptors that can charge multiple batterys from a single LiPo charger ... or you easily make one yourself. There are various LiPo chargers that have multiple outlets that are individually programmable outputs.

DJI has a simple power brick system to charge, the P3A / P3P charger is about as high an Ampage you'd want to go to be safe and not push limits of the battery pack. The P3S charger is lower wattage and slow charging ... but still reasonable safe rate.
I don't know much about the P4 setup as I have no P4 at hand. I would assume similar ..

For the average DJI only flyer or anyone who just wants convenience - the car charger via Ciggy Socket of eBay for a few $ is well worth it and enough. My car charger cost about $5 and works a treat for my P3 batterys. I can even charge a battery while driving to flight site. (close by - so I can throw out of window if needed !!)

Nigel
Thanks. Since you've had good success with Anbee I have found one for the 4 series that charges two batteries simultaneously. I've tried to include the link.

https://www.amazon.com/Anbee-Intell...-catcorr&keywords=P4+Phantom+battery+chargers

I'm not real skilled at this sort of thing but maybe that will show what I'm looking at. I read reviews of one of the Fstop chargers that were not very good. Some of the guys were replacing the Chinese board components (transistors, etc.) with japanese components and making it work better.

I really love this forum. I spend hours reading posts and learning stuff. I'm about to pose a question on controllers on the P4 forum. I can almost always count on good guidance/advice. You've been a big help and exercised a lot of patience. My wife and I watch a lot of british TV and get a kick out of speaking with someone from the UK, as well as the guys at the local service center. I was getting my patrol vehicle serviced and online and they got suck a thrill from it. Anyway, thanks again. I'll keep reading!

Looking around for some other items ... these caught my eye ...

For P3 owners :

s-l500.jpg

3 IN 1 Car Charger Battery Charging Adapter for DJI Phantom 3 Pro/Adv SE Drones | eBay

For P4 owners :

f8808346434bc3af6017f196f2e1db36_edjp536%20%289%29.jpg

3 in1 Battery & Remote Charging Hub Car Charger For DJI Phantom 4 Pro/Advanced 4894376445581 | eBay

For Mavic owners :

5b328038eb87390ee165c29a8934eaa2_%20%281%29.jpg

3 in 1 Battery Charging Hub Car Charger Adapter For DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Drone | eBay

I'm sure that other maybe cheaper prices can be found by searching ... but even these are prices to be cool about !

Nigel

Looking around for some other items ... these caught my eye ...

For P3 owners :

s-l500.jpg

3 IN 1 Car Charger Battery Charging Adapter for DJI Phantom 3 Pro/Adv SE Drones | eBay

For P4 owners :

f8808346434bc3af6017f196f2e1db36_edjp536%20%289%29.jpg

3 in1 Battery & Remote Charging Hub Car Charger For DJI Phantom 4 Pro/Advanced 4894376445581 | eBay

For Mavic owners :

5b328038eb87390ee165c29a8934eaa2_%20%281%29.jpg

3 in 1 Battery Charging Hub Car Charger Adapter For DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Drone | eBay

I'm sure that other maybe cheaper prices can be found by searching ... but even these are prices to be cool about !

Nigel
Thanks. The one for the P4 looks like the one I found on line. I'll be sure before I order. Some of the bad reviews on a couple of chargers has scared me, but those were mainly house and not car/mobile chargers.

This may be a stupid question but those 12 volt car chargers must be a dc/ac/dc step up invertor to attain the 17plus volt output? And if so they must draw alot of amps at 12v to accomplish charging 3 units at once. Do they really work that well?

This may be a stupid question but those 12 volt car chargers must be a dc/ac/dc step up invertor to attain the 17plus volt output? And if so they must draw alot of amps at 12v to accomplish charging 3 units at once. Do they really work that well?
I've been wondering that myself. All the reviews I've read were good about these type models, however.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I've read the same. But im skeptical at the low price, you do after all get what you pay for....

If you read the description - it does show that adding more than one battery decreases the charge rate ..

A standard car ciggy socket technically is capable of 10A load .... at nominal 12V.

In fact the socket has up to 15V available when engine is running and is why it is not uncommon for field chargers to say too low voltage when engine is not running.

Ciggy adaptors use Step UP circuitry and is why they are significantly smaller than equivalent Inverters.

I have no personal experience of any multi charger in a car .. but the single adaptor charger I have that cost less than $5 certainly does the job well. I have checked final voltage of the battery after it against both DJI mains charger and my LiPo units ... same.

Nigel

I've read the same. But im skeptical at the low price, you do after all get what you pay for....

There in lies the Sales Pitch of the Brand name ... (I don't imply that you sir are that salesman ... :D)

Yes it was true in the past when quality goods could be had ... and China / Taiwan provided rubbish ... the old Buy Cheap - Buy Twice ...

But today that is far from true ... yes there still is cheap asian crap out there ... but times have rolled on and major brands are manufacturing in China... Vietnam ... Kampuchea etc. ... and many of the cheap are produced on same production lines.

Buyers choice ... buy expensive DJI car charger made in China ... or the cheaper eBay knock-off still made in China ...

I spend a lot of time in Asia incl. China ... and visit industrial areas .... believe me when I say - Western Media only reports the small part that is bad ... the much larger good part gets put aside by media.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik