FC40 replacement camera

Reaction score
Any thoughts on a replacement camera? Something that will use the existing cableing? And not require a $1500 gimbal? Not looking to do professional but it would be nice to use the existing software and hardware.
Thanks

Sj4000 seems like a good choice. I am pondering one now. There are knock off versions of it also for like $40 and they claim 12 megapixel and 1080 p at 30fps. Seems like they are lying about the megapixel from the video I have seen but it looks better than the fc40 cam

Sj4000 seems like a good choice. I am pondering one now. There are knock off versions of it also for like $40 and they claim 12 megapixel and 1080 p at 30fps. Seems like they are lying about the megapixel from the video I have seen but it looks better than the fc40 cam

They are a great choice I bought 2 from B&H for my wife and my FPV setups. Takes great video and good pics

Glad to hear. Do u use the live video out setup for fpv? I was thinking about getting the wifi version and just using it with a range extender for fpv. Would there be a big lag if used like that?

Glad to hear. Do u use the live video out setup for fpv? I was thinking about getting the wifi version and just using it with a range extender for fpv. Would there be a big lag if used like that?

Yes there is definitely a lag using wifi on the SJCAM, the FC 40 camera has way less lag. My wife and I are currently using the live video and video out. It has been great as we can see how much battery is remaining and the recording status right on the screen. all of that and the telemetry data is a huge plus so I would definitely recommend going to live video fpv.

Reactions: IflyinWY
The easiest OSD to install is the N1 OSD, but the drawback is that it is in Chinese. I bought the mini S-OSD for myself. It has more connections, but it is in English and has all of the info I will need. The output to the display can also be fully customized if you buy an additional card for $6.

The easiest OSD to install is the N1 OSD, but the drawback is that it is in Chinese. I bought the mini S-OSD for myself. It has more connections, but it is in English and has all of the info I will need. The output to the display can also be fully customized if you buy an additional card for $6.

Hey Beario, I think you can use that same $6 card to put English on your Wife's OSD, maybe. ;)

Hey IflyinWY, I did look closely at the N1 OSD to see if I could do it, but I do not see where it is supported. The mini S-OSD has the connector for the arduino mini port so it was easy to configure. I configured the N1 the best way I could with this video ----->

Having configured both, the mini S-OSD has more connections and the N1 is easier. I would say the mini S-OSD is my favorite though as I love the options for customization.

That looks better than the video I was going to send you to.

Great share Beario. Thanks

Yes there is definitely a lag using wifi on the SJCAM, the FC 40 camera has way less lag. My wife and I are currently using the live video and video out. It has been great as we can see how much battery is remaining and the recording status right on the screen. all of that and the telemetry data is a huge plus so I would definitely recommend going to live video fpv.
Sorry for the late question, but on the sj4000, when using the live video out for fpv, can you control the camera through that too? Like take pictures or start and stop video n such things, or is it just for the fpv veiw?
Thanks in advance, I think I'm gonna finally buy one

Sorry for the late question, but on the sj4000, when using the live video out for fpv, can you control the camera through that too? Like take pictures or start and stop video n such things, or is it just for the fpv veiw?
Thanks in advance, I think I'm gonna finally buy one

I start recording before I take off or start the camera taking pictures before I take off as you cannot control it from the radio. B&H has the lowest price so far.

I just splurged on a gopro 3 black and couldn't be happier with it except for the junk wifi. I got it used on ebay for $200. Now I gotta find a good fpv setup for it since I always used wifi and my tablet before

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20