FC40 receiver

Reaction score
Hello,

As per my latest adventure with a damaged FC40 receiver board, I had found a NEW replacement for the FC40 on eBay and placed the order. The unit arrived on Thursday and started the install the same day. Looking at the receiver board and noticed that the Link Switch is in a different location. Ok, maybe a new version of the board.

Then I tried to mount in my FC40. Did not seem to fit right and found that the mounting screw holes center to center are off by 1/8".

Clearly this is not the same board. Contacted the seller and to make a long story short, has agreed to accept return and pay for return shipping.

This brings me to the point of my posting.

How do I specify the exact model receiver board for my FC40?? There is a sticker with a number 02M0009477 but it looks more like a serial number than a model number.

At one spot on the board it is etched in copper.
Phantom II
5.8 G TX RF V3

This is all identical to the board that did NOT fit, and had clear differences, which had the number on the sticker of 01M0406968

Anyone have a clue as to how I can properly ID the correct receiver board before I go through
this issue of it won't fit again??

TIA

Les

My first response is, find someone smarter than me to help you.
Second response is to order it from DJI. They should be able to send you the proper board.

Interesting that you found "Phantom II" etched in the board... The Phantom 2 uses 2.4 for control, not 5.8.

WY,

Yes I found that interesting as well. But, that is what it is. It would seem that this bird is different.
I am getting concerned that it may be too different to be an easy match.
History so far is proving that though correct.

So far I have found another 'not'.

My quest moves on.

I am also surprised that I am not getting any other responses for the mass of knowledge in here.
Nothing against you WY but, is there no other Phantom flyer in here that has had or ever looked
at their receiver board?? Am I the first?? I am starting to feel like the Wright Brothers.
Maybe it is early but finding this a bit odd.

Les

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.
It is a bit difficult to see the details on the Receiver board in your picture.

So I decided to take some detailed pictures of what I have. That is when I had a bit of a surprise. I mistakenly said that the information on the boards were identical. That was wrong. I mistakenly read the one board with a V3 but now that I took a good picture and zoom in it actually a V5. My original board is the V3. The one I was sent is actually a V5 and it does not fit.

My eyes are getting old or they keep making stuff smaller and smaller.

Now that I see the difference I now know what I need to look for as a replacement.

Pictures are below.
IMG_2514.JPG
IMG_2516.JPG
IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG

That has got to be the absolute funnest thing I have read in a very long time. ROFLMAO

LOL, yep
Now I've got you talking to yourself... I meant Wayne... :p

I'm glad you caught that, it's giving me a good laugh too.

I have both a V3 and V5 version 5.8ghz RC Receiver Board.

I used digital calipers and measured all the critical dimensions; including the hole dimensions. The numbers appear to match.

Am I missing something ??

Hey guys,

I have been AWOL for a while due to massive work load.
Now it is the holiday weekend, it's raining, and the phone is not ringing...................................

Here is the latest on my challenge of the century.

I found a used Phantom 5.8 TX RF V3 on eBay. They guy had it listed as Parts Only. I contacted him and he explained that he was having trouble with the board crapping out in flight and the bird would return to home. In conversation he indicated that he replaced the receiver with a V5 board and that he only used one screw to hold it in place and made some other modifications to get it to fit. It linked in with no problems and he is flying again. All good news for me since it answers most of my question on the V5 board as to compatibility.

Since I do not know if the Receiver board is my only problem with the FC40 I decided to roll the dice and picked up the V3 board for a few bucks. Today I installed and powered up. Link LED blinks Red................... Push the Link Button LED changes color to what I assume is yellow (actually looks more green to me) and blinks................ Turn on the receiver and.................. no change. It will not link up to the receiver. I tried a multitude of different variations to the link process and nothing works as I understand it should.

So either the replacement board is really bad or I have some other issues going on.

Still have the ERROR 29 syndrome. Assuming that is due to the fact the receiver is not Linked to the Receiver.

Questions:

Is the Receiver Link to the Transmitter independent to the NAZA controller operations?? In other words will the RX and TX Link when powered, if all is working and the rest of the Phantom does not need to be connected??

Anyone have a thought or two as to what I can do, as to an alternative method or different trick to determine the source problem??

Is it "It either works or not." End of story!!! OR This procedure will show that it is a problem with X, Y, or Z??

Thanks for any input.

Have a good holiday weekend if you are living in the USA, otherwise have a nice weekend.

Les

Thanks for the response.

So I decided to take some detailed pictures of what I have. That is when I had a bit of a surprise. I mistakenly said that the information on the boards were identical. That was wrong. I mistakenly read the one board with a V3 but now that I took a good picture and zoom in it actually a V5. My original board is the V3. The one I was sent is actually a V5 and it does not fit.

Now that I see the difference I now know what I need to look for as a replacement.

Pictures are below.View attachment 20589 View attachment 20590 View attachment 20591 View attachment 20592
Yeah I am looking for one for my" was told FC40 " but DJI Tech support told me I have a Phantom1 since it is 2.4ghz and told me the FC40 is standard 5.8. I am trying to change it over to 5.8 and was going to buy the same item you bought before I got a change. I did buy another one listed as the same but mine said Phantom 2 vision. Looks just the same. Could only mount 2 screw but could not get it to keep the bind to my transmitter for some strange reason.. Thinks I will try DJI

Thanks for the response.

Pictures are below.View attachment 20589 View attachment 20590 View attachment 20591 View attachment 20592
If you look good to the board, the one says 5.8 tx and the other 5.8 rx!
So its a different board, and wont work

If you look good to the board, the one says 5.8 tx and the other 5.8 rx!
So its a different board, and wont work

Well I happened to post that about 1 year ago. And I did not notice that at the time but it makes little difference. TX stands for transmitter and RX stands for Receiver. Both boards do the same purpose in the FC40 in that they are the device that Receives the signal from the Transmitter. My guess is that it was a engineering mistake when the board (TX) board was etched. Both boards sit in the same location, connect the same and have antennas. My issue was with the V3 and the V5. As it turns out the V5 will work with the correct Transmitter. I actually resolved the problem I was having since that time.

Have a nice day.

Les

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic