FC40 Camera stop recording when out of WiFi range

Reaction score
Just got my Phantom FC40 3 days ago and have couples of flight with it. Accepting that it's camera cannot compare with GoPro. I really have fun flying it.

Got a problem today when I try to fly high and my iPhone lost connection with the camera. I thought that I still have video of it flying in SD card but found out later that it stop recording when the WiFi connection lost.

Is there anyway to prevent this?

Kanok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KennyBKK said:
Just got my Phantom FC40 3 days ago and have couples of flight with it. Accepting that it's camera cannot compare with GoPro. I really have fun flying it.

Got a problem today when I try to fly high and my iPhone lost connection with the camera. I thought that I still have video of it flying in SD card but found out later that it stop recording when the WiFi connection lost.

Is there anyway to prevent this?

Kanok

I have the same problem. There are only 2 ways to stop this from happening, I believe. Either use a wifi signal booster (Hawking HWREN2 is supposed to be good), or just record the whole thing manually with the record button on the camera. I haven't tried connecting via FPV when I do this, and you'll have a lot of extra footage, but it does indeed capture everything without stopping.

Have you checked in the settings in the app? I don't have an FC40 but I have a P2 vision and in the app settings you can tell the camera what to do when the signal is lost e.g. Carry on recording, stop recording, start recording. The apps for both look very similar so that setting might be in there for the FC40 but I am unable to check.

dragonash said:
i dont believe the fc40 cam is as intuitive as the vision.

It isn't. The settings are very basic. I can't remember all of them off hand, but there definitely isn't a setting allowing you to tell it what to do if the signal is lost.

Madwak said:
Have you checked in the settings in the app? I don't have an FC40 but I have a P2 vision and in the app settings you can tell the camera what to do when the signal is lost e.g. Carry on recording, stop recording, start recording. The apps for both look very similar so that setting might be in there for the FC40 but I am unable to check.

Hi,

The setup menu on FC40 app has only Time Setting, Fotmat the SD card and save button. Nothing more. Too simple, don't you think.

I think I have to go with manual button.

Kanok.

Madwak said:

Hi,

The setup menu on FC40 app has only Time Setting, Fotmat the SD card and save button. Nothing more. Too simple, don't you think.

I think I have to go with manual button.

Kanok.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik