Fc40 camera sound.

Reaction score
Hi Gents
This has been asked before I'm sure but have just had the fc40 today was its first flight but no sound.
How do I turn it on was turning the camera on first then using the phone to switch video on and off.
Should I have started the video first with the camera its self many thanks for your replys.

Hi, unfortunately the camera doesn't have any sound, which is not a bad thing as all you will hear is the noise from the motors. If you want sound the only option is to upgrade the camera as far as I know.

why does anyone want sound with their cameras all you hear is the annouying buzzing of the rotors, it spoils so many peoples videos!!

If you really want sound you can mount an additional camera that has sound. I am using an SJCAM for video and the FC40 cam for FPV. The sound actually helped me to diagnose a few issues.

Beario said:
If you really want sound you can mount an additional camera that has sound. I am using an SJCAM for video and the FC40 cam for FPV. The sound actually helped me to diagnose a few issues.

I would be interested in learning how you have installed the FC40 camera for FPV and an additional camera - could you please describe or point me at another thread or guide. Thanks!

Im cluelessly curious what possible sound(s) you could hope to hear from a quad?

Heavy equipment? Trains?

Squealing bikinis? :lol:

Seriously, help us all out. Tell us.... :geek:

Me personally I am looking for noises coming from the quad itself. I am not looking for outside noises. So far I have been able to hear some of my personal fails like a plastic vibration that made me realize I had opened up the case too many times and forgot to tighten up the screws enough. I have been trying different mounting ideas for the double camera setup that I have, so if I hear any vibration other than the normal buzzing I know I have to fix something.

Thank you for your comments gents. Your right you get prop noise and motors but some noise on hearing them can give you an indication of possible faults on the horizon, but being honest I rather like the quiet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl