FC40 camera into 2D gimbal...

Reaction score
Hi gang, I'm pretty new to all this but wondered if there's an easy way to mount the stock FC40 camera to a 2D gimbal - I like the FPV idea, but don't want to go to the expense of buying a Go Pro. Any thoughts or phots of gimbal mods would be a great help. Or is it just a case of break out the elastic bangs and self-adhesive Velcro?!!

Thanks

I'm afraid the answers is yes, but the self adhesive velcro works fine. The FC40 is a good little camera but why not consider something like one of the SJ cam cameras from Banggood. There are many others as well. They are the same size as a GoPro and with WiFi at a fraction of the price and work very well. They will probably fit much better in your gimbal.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks SteveyB,

Ext question for anyone: mounted the gimbal as per about 100 YouTube videos etc but on powering up the gimbal rolls back on itself and generally just judders a lot!! Pretty sure all the leads are in the correct positions etc. Do I need to set it up via special software or through the Naza software ?? Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It depends on exactly what gimbal you have. I found that the FC40 camera is very lite. The gimbal is probably designed for a GoPro which is heavier. You can solve that with adding some weights. Your model shop should sell 5g, 10g self adhesive weights that you can add to the back of the camera or holder. More sticky Velcro I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks Steve, a couple of peroni and some chin scratching at its all sorted - just need to mod the controller and we'll be cooking on gas!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic