FC40 Android App

Reaction score
Just got a phantom FC40 yesterday and when I go to the play store on my note 5 it doesn't find the fc40 app. I have found a few direct links to the play store page for the app but it shows item not found in the play store. I contacted Dji but they sent me a link that goes to the Dji store and a qr code that takes you to the download section of the fc40 product page and when I click the app link on there it takes me to the Dji store. I would really like to use the camera as the guy I got it from only flew the drone twice and never even took the camera out of the box. Any help with this? Thanks

EDIT:: I found a copy of the apk on a 3rd party site so let's hope it works. If anyone comes across this post with the same problem the site I found it on was DJI FC40 APK Download - Free Video Players & Editors APP for Android | APKPure.com

Last edited:
The app is old. And it doesn’t support newer phones. I had you use one of my old iPhones to use the camera. The camera app is out dated...

Makes sense as to why, even after I got the app, it still wouldn't connect to the camera. Thanks for telling me more than DJI support did, LOL. They keep insisting it should be working. How old a phone are we talking?

Makes sense as to why, even after I got the app, it still wouldn't connect to the camera. Thanks for telling me more than DJI support did, LOL. They keep insisting it should be working. How old a phone are we talking?

I use a iPhone 5 with iOS 10.1.

Make sure your downloading the FC40 app.
Thanks, I'll see if I can get my wife's ipod working or something. It is the FC40 app, finally got DJI to send me the apk file after saying it wasn't available through them. The app loads and scans wifi, connects to the camera wifi and then the circle just spins and spins.

Reactions: MeticulousByNature
Hi ya
I have the same problem, i bought a FC40 yesterday and cannot get it working with my s7 edge (don.t have any old phones), any other options or is it buy a new camera ? if so what camera and app would be best ?
TIA

i have a fc40 and i found the app i had trouble loading it on my phone then i found out it was my bt protect that was stopping it working i used one with out protect on and worked perfect

I use the Linkineyes app from the play store. It works with the FC40 camera and on my modern Android phone without a problem. I hope this helps for a lot of people after dji not updating their stuff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20