Favorite Mods You’ve Done

Reaction score
Curious to hear your opinions about your favorite mods or add-ons/accessories. Why do you like them? Are they worth the investment? Excited to read your input.

Here are the first batch of accessories I’m adding to “Expecto Padronus...”

• Carbon fiber and aluminum landing gear strut and gimbal guard

• Silicone motor transport caps

• Propeller guards w/free spare props

• Front LED-activated 12v relay

D11D0585-F1E8-40B6-901F-43CBB7978826.jpeg

My first Phantom was a Standard and I only added a gimbal guard to the landing gear. My second was a used Professional that came with a lot of accessories.

• Carbon fiber and aluminum landing gear strut and gimbal guard
- Make sure and turn off the downward VPS sensor. It may get confused by that guard. Mine has been turned off since day one and stays that way. I read here of instances where the VPS got confused and the pilot lost control

• Silicone motor transport caps
- My Pro came with these but I only use them when I transport it in the backpack that came with the kit. Mostly I transport it in a makeshift box so they're not needed

• Propeller guards w/free spare props
- Removeable guards also came with the Pro but I've found that I never use them. I left the mounts on though to help prevent the dreaded motor mount cracks. I decided early on to only use DJI OEM propellers! Read here about third party props and you'll see why.

• Front LED-activated 12v relay
- What's that for?

Are you happy you spent the money and energy making the swap? How does it handle? Were flight times effected? Were you able to retain the factory camera/gimbal setup or did it require additional parts?

Me tend to experiment,,non boosted itelite panel was the best so far,,I now use with new p4,,,good investment,,,still have cheap argtec on p3s but works well lately but plans in the pipeline for this,,,my latest is a new phantom wetsuit,,I know this is going to work for me but have not been able to fly due to rain with high winds making bit unsafe but good to know it can get wet,,,,also strobes were another good buy,,
20190621_133017.jpg
20190621_133055.jpg
1561080957442-1206056112.jpg

That’s a wicked setup there. How far have you been able to fly it in comparison to stock?
Been out just over a mile easy but normally keep it close these days,,it's manly so I have trouble free flights aswell,only downfall I use a 10/1 tablet so have to wear neck brace or it gets heavy after holding,,,definitely better than standed

Reactions: Expecto Padronus
This is my third mod of phanvics
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Have to ask how well does it fly,,I have seen these kits available and sort of curious,,it's phantom 3s under the shell ay

Reactions: brigerdrones
I like it better than a regular phantom, only con is gimbal is closer to ground. I modded one of my phanvics with legs from the phantoms to increase clearance
How's the performance does it fly better than p3 design wise,what's it like in the wind

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic