Fat Shark Predator V2 audio capability

Reaction score
I just bought a 2in1 battery tester that will sound a buzzer when my battery gets to low, I want to hear the buzzer through my Fat Shark Predator V2 which has an earphone plug in on the goggles! My question is where can I get a mic to put on board the Phantom? I don't own a GOPRO so adapting one to the Fat Shark is not an option for me. Is there a Fat Shark camera or mic of some sort that I can order to make this work?

Sorry but I'm bumping this post because I know there is someone out there that can help me with this question and if there is another post out there asking the same please direct me to it so I can solve this, Thanks..

good question on a microphone.

there's a number of camera's that have integrated microphones as well , and the signal can be broadcast along with the video.
here's one for instance
http://www.amazon.com/SC2000-540TVL-Cam ... B00F5Q4FL4

But if you've ever used one of these low voltage alarms, they are **** LOUD and rather annoying, and can be heard for quite a distance.

Most of these alarms are set to go off as a warning to "land quickly" as well, (and believe me, flying with a buzzer blaring loud like that, it makes you want to land as soon as possible to make it stop!).

So in theory, you don't want to be so far out of range that you can't hear the buzzer in the first place.
theoretically you'd want to have it go off only when you're close to home and about to land, well within hearing (and visual) distance. - or even as a last minute warning prior to 2nd protection voltage kicks in.
setting it to 3.5v or if you're a conservative flyer, maybe 3.6 per cell., depending on what your 2nd level battery protection is set at.

OI Photography said:
Either of these will work, but you'll have to splice them to the audio and power leads on the fatshark cable:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=1380

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... cts_id=721

?Not sure what I splice it to seeming how I don't have an Fatshark audio cable going to anything since I have no mic! Or do you mean I have to buy a fatshark cable to slice them into? All I see from the wires I have from transmitter to camera is red black and white wires with two spots next to them with no wires which I assume is where the audio would fit in if I had the right camera!

Gizmo3000 said:
good question on a microphone.

there's a number of camera's that have integrated microphones as well , and the signal can be broadcast along with the video.
here's one for instance
http://www.amazon.com/SC2000-540TVL-Cam ... B00F5Q4FL4

But if you've ever used one of these low voltage alarms, they are **** LOUD and rather annoying, and can be heard for quite a distance.

Most of these alarms are set to go off as a warning to "land quickly" as well, (and believe me, flying with a buzzer blaring loud like that, it makes you want to land as soon as possible to make it stop!).

So in theory, you don't want to be so far out of range that you can't hear the buzzer in the first place.
theoretically you'd want to have it go off only when you're close to home and about to land, well within hearing (and visual) distance. - or even as a last minute warning prior to 2nd protection voltage kicks in.
setting it to 3.5v or if you're a conservative flyer, maybe 3.6 per cell., depending on what your 2nd level battery protection is set at.
Can't I set the buzzer to go off like a minute or so before the first low battery warning so I know to head back and still have time to do so? You think I can hear that buzzer at about 2000 feet? because that's about as far as I can get with my Phantom so far, any further then that and I loss sight of it unless I go way up high!

phantomflyer said:
Can't I set the buzzer to go off like a minute or so before the first low battery warning so I know to head back and still have time to do so? You think I can hear that buzzer at about 2000 feet? because that's about as far as I can get with my Phantom so far, any further then that and I loss sight of it unless I go way up high!

I really can't say how it would sound from so far away.
So perhaps you could set it so the alarm goes off well before 1st level battery protection, but I honestly can't say you'll enjoy flying a phantom with it's buzzer blaring.
Generally, I'd say it's a better idea to time your flights so you know when it's a good time to fly back, and use the alarm as a backup so that you'll know there's enough juice to make a forced landing if necessary and less as an indicator to turn around.

if you feel you'll be flying so far away much of the time, you might want to eventually look into getting into the mini iOSD, it's awesome to be able to visually see your voltage and other telemetry,you can set it to blink when it hits 1st level battery protection too.
a better TX that has audible timers can also come in handy down the line.

Gizmo3000 said:
phantomflyer said:

I really can't say how it would sound from so far away.
So perhaps you could set it so the alarm goes off well before 1st level battery protection, but I honestly can't say you'll enjoy flying a phantom with it's buzzer blaring.
Generally, I'd say it's a better idea to time your flights so you know when it's a good time to fly back, and use the alarm as a backup so that you'll know there's enough juice to make a forced landing if necessary and less as an indicator to turn around.

if you feel you'll be flying so far away much of the time, you might want to eventually look into getting into the mini iOSD, it's awesome to be able to visually see your voltage and other telemetry,you can set it to blink when it hits 1st level battery protection too.
a better TX that has audible timers can also come in handy down the line.

Yes I do plan on getting a mini iosd but for now I'm going the cheap route until work picks up hell I still have a second Phantom in pieces waiting to buy a couple parts to get it running but I work outdoors and with the weather Its been rough keeping up with getting the things I need for my working one! It's funny a couple months ago I was working my *** off and made enough to blow on buying a couple Phantoms and now I'm thinking about eating the one in pieces, LOL :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl