failsafe and intial Home point

Reaction score
I just read a thread that describes that the Phantom 2 can't go to far from your set Home coordinates?

Example:

He said...If you set your home point at Point A, begin flying.
Get into a car with your phantom 2 TX while flying, and drive along side the Phantom maintaining your 2.4ghz connection. Lets say you go a mile or more...

If you get to far from that initial Point A (home) even though you have your Phantom 2 TX and RX signal strong and LOS...

He has said that this will initiate fail-safe? What? really? Failsafe should kick in when you loose your signal not being to far from Home.

Can anyone confirm this load?

Yes your phantom is flown in a cylinder where you can only fly X distanc away from the home point in any direction, once you hit the end of the cylinder the phantom will not fly any further in that direction basically hitting an invisible wall. However you can set the distance limits of your phantom I set mine to 4 km so I will have to go 4 km away from the home point before I hit the distance limit. You can also reset the home point mid flight which will allow you to travel further outside the cylinder. I do not believe you get LOS but rather the phantom hits a invisible wall where it will not travel any further and eventually kicking in fail safe.

Just reset Home point while you are in flight.
Then you can fly until you run down the battery and it goes into Return to Home mode.
You'll just have to drive back to wherever that was.

"In Phantom 2 mode, users can set a new home point manually when the aircraft is in “Ready to fly” status
as long as a home point has been recorded automatically. Quickly flipping the S2 switch of the remote
controller from upper most to lower most positions 5 times or more will reset the current aircraft position
as a new home point of PHANTOM 2. When successfully reset, you will see a series of rapid green blinks
on the LED Flight Indicator. The definition of “home point” is:
(1) The home point is the place PHANTOM 2 returns to when the control signal is lost, which is
recorded last time.
(2) The home point is used to calculate the horizontal distance between you and the aircraft, the
distance will be displayed as
D
if using iOSD module."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers